August 23, 2014
Giants Ridge Golf & Ski Resort
http://www.mudrunguide.com/event/biwabik-minnesota-rampage-ridge-2014/ Giants Ridge Golf & Ski Resort, 6325 Wynne Creek Drive, Biwabik, MN, United States Rampage at the Ridge [email protected] use-title true MM/DD/YYYY
First wave is 9:00, last wave is set for approximately 12:00.
Wave will be released every half hour with 50 people.
Venue:Giants Ridge Golf & Ski Resort
6325 Wynne Creek Drive
Biwabik, MN, United States - View Map
Organizer:Rampage at the Ridge Rampage at the Ridge Extreme 5K is a first time event created by the United Way of Northeastern MN to raise money for our newest initiative that focuses on our local veterans and their families. Dollars raised will help develop much needed service programs for veterans in our area.
Click "About" above to hide this text again
Reviews:No reviews yet for Biwabik Minnesota Rampage at the Ridge 2014. Click here to be the first!
Registration:Visit Event Website
This event has passed, registration is closed.
|$45||March 31st, 2014|
|$55||June 24th, 2014|
|$65||August 16th, 2014 (Online Registration Closes)|
|$80||Race Day Registration (if available)|
What You Get:
- Finishing medal
- Free beer
The course weaves uphill throughout the ski hill for the first half of the race and participants will encounter the following 16 obstacles before crossing the finish line.
1. “Oh HAAAY” Hurl yourself over stacks of hay bales and become the king of this mountain
2. “Catching Fire” Leap over the logs on fire and make sure not to roast your bottom
3. “Mesabi Mud Crawl” you’ll be eating mud as you crawl through barbed wire set inches from the ground
4. “Pinnacle Point” Climb up and over this 12ft wall, we’ll provide the wet muddy ropes to help you on your journey
5. “Arctic Blast” the name says it all… run uphill through snow sticks blasting ice cold water that increase with intensity until you make it through the last one
6. “Ranger Rungs” Maintain your momentum and coordination while swinging through this series of monkey bars
7. “Walls of Pain” The over and under is what will get you on this obstacle. Alternate between scaling 4ft walls and crawling under barbed wire through mud. Just when you think it’s over there will be one more…
8. “Cliff Hanger” climb through slippery mud on old Rocky Top - you’ll definitely need teamwork for this one
9. “Pitfall” relive your days as a kid on this rope swing only this you’ll plummet to a pit of mud instead of a crystal blue lake
10. “Creep and Crawl” we still don’t think you’ll be muddy enough so you’re going to belly crawl through more mud and wire and tunnels
11. “Spider’s Lair” Climb up and over a cargo net suspended across the trail, teamwork could be helpful in completing this obstacle
12. “Twisted Timber Run” You might not be experiencing an arctic enema, or getting electrocuted, but this is still an off-road course with plenty of “mystery obstacles” placed throughout
13. “Tire Territory” Tires below, tires above and even a little mud
14. “Death Drop” the hill will bring you to the last two obstacles for which you’re really signing your waiver for
15. “The Shrivler” Swim through this frigid dumpster and pull yourself out before you become hypothermic
16. “A Scratch & Tickle” Stealthily wind your way through these live wires if you think it’s possible, otherwise barreling through might be a better option. Remember, it’s just a little scratch and tickle before you cross the finish line.
There will be 2 first responders on each obstacle with an aid station at the top of the hill and the main aid station at the base.
We will have water, fruit and other snacks available at the end of the race for participants.
Spectators are welcome to attend. There will be designated viewing areas, and it is up to spectators to get to these areas on foot, there will be no transportation provided. Spectators are not charged to enter per person, just charged $10 per car.
Parking is $10 per car. We do recommend carpooling if at all possible to save you money and us space. We will not have shuttles as the parking lots available are all on site and directly across the road from the ski hill.
We will have music on site through early afternoon. Giants Ridge Golf & Ski Resort will have food available for purchase. In addition, they are also offering specials on golf and water sports for participants and spectators to take advantage of.
Rampage at the Ridge Extreme 5K is a first time event created by the United Way of Northeastern MN to raise money for their newest initiative that focuses on our local veterans and their families. Dollars raised will help develop much needed service programs for veterans in our area.
Over the years, soldiers have returned from war experiencing devastating effects. Throughout our Iron Range communities, service members have expressed the need for expanded services in our rural area. During 2014, United Way of Northeastern MN is conducting a formal needs assessment to gather information from local veterans and their families regarding their individual struggles and needs. The data collected will be used to develop programming in our region.
Participants must be 14 years of age to participate in the event.
There will be a clock on site with volunteers running timing for those interested in knowing how they finished. We believe, finishing this course regardless of the time it took is all that matters!
Participants will be able to check a bag after they've checked in and picked up their race packet. Outside showers (or the lake) and a changing tent will be available for participants after the race.
Participants are welcome to sign up as individuals or teams. We have no limit on team size, however our online registration system will not allow more than 20 people to register at a time.
Coupons / Discount Codes:
Please see our obstacle course race discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, discount codes, and coupon codes for Biwabik Minnesota Rampage at the Ridge 2014. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.