October 11, 2014
http://www.mudrunguide.com/event/clermont-florida-monster-challenges-fall-2014/ Arnold Groves, 15000 Frank Jarrell Road, Clermont, FL, United States Monster Challenges email@example.com use-title true MM/DD/YYYY
Competitive wave at 9:00 a.m. (limited to 75 people)
Non-competitive waves begin at 9:20 a.m. and run every 20 minutes until 12:20 p.m. (limited to 150 people)
15000 Frank Jarrell Road
Clermont, FL, United States - View Map
Organizer:Monster Challenges MONSTER Challenges continues to build...bigger, better, and definitely more challenging. We have increased the course to more than 4 miles and included more challenges and tons (literally) more mud. There are truly one-of-a-kind challenges – designed to not only challenge your body, but keep you wondering “what the hell else can be coming”. IMAGINE what lies ahead. FEAR the unknown. CONQUER that beast.
Click "About" above to hide this text again
Click here to read or add your own Clermont Florida Monster Challenges Fall 2014 reviews
Use discount code MRG for 50% off your registration
Registration:Visit Event Website
This event has passed, registration is closed.
|$58||August 3rd, 2014|
|$68||October 3rd, 2014 (Online Registration Closes)|
Add $10 for timing for the competitive wave only at 9:00 a.m.
|25% off for first responders and educators|
|There is a no refund policy, however wave transfers are permitted at no charge.|
What You Get:
- Custom T-Shirt
- Custom Finishers medal
- One free beer
- After party shenanigans
MONSTER Challenges continues to build….bigger, better, and definitely more challenging obstacles. We have increased the course to more than 4 miles and included more challenges, mud and tons (literally) of snow! There are truly one-of-a-kind challenges – designed to not only test the limits of your body, but will keep you wondering ""what the hell else can be coming"". Get eye-to-eye and claw your way through!
Obstacles are along predominately mulched paths through forested areas. Others will also be added or changed as needed:
1. Hello Humans: barrel jumps
2. Black Widow’s Web: approximately 12’ high A-frame covered with a cargo net
3. Big Beaver’s Dam: mud crawl through a tunnel of pine trees
4. Monster Bars: approximately 30’ long monkey bars crossing a 2’ deep mud pit
5. Bone Collector: approximately 12’ high wall made of reinforced pvc pipes, then down wood ladder wall on the other side
6. Goblin Hop: Several raised stepped logs
7. Giant Hurdles: log hurdles
8. Tarantula Traverse: Two wire ropes, one for feet, one to hold onto crossing a 2’-3’ mud pit
9. Big Foot Stairs: A-frame stairs made of poles reaching approximate height of 12’
10. Ogre’s Fence: approximately 8’ high log wall
11. Abominable Snowman: snow crawl
12. Frankenwall: approximately 12’ angled wall with rope assistance
13. Lizard Leap: logs over a 2-3’ mud pit
14. Slippery Slope: approximately 18’ high water slide (dirt hill with tarp cover)
15. Monster Moguls: several clay hill climbs
16. Bull Malarky: hill climb
17. Cyclops: crawl through hanging tires
18. Gator Walk: log beams connected with floating barrels over approximately 2-3’ of water
19. Stairway from Hell: floating ladders hang from the plank – participants climb up the ladders from the lake (water is approx.. 3’-4’ deep)
20. Don’t Bale Mountains: hay bale climb
21. “Eye” Beam: 16’ long I-beam over a mud pit. Participant must use their hands to traverse the obstacle.
22. Curved Creature: ¼ pipe wall approximately 10’ to 16’ high with rope assistance
23. Quicksand Annie: mud pit (2’-3’ deep)
24. Tarantula Traverse: Two wire ropes, one for feet, one to hold onto crossing a 2’-3’ mud pit
25. Ghoul Grip Zip: Zipline over water approximately 2-3’ deep into mud pit 1-2’ deep
26. Sabertooth: mud crawl under wire (not barbed wire)
There are 3 aid stations on the course. Paramedics are on standby. Bananas and/or protein bars and bottled water provided at the finish line.
Age group winners of the competitive wave receive the CLAW YOUR WAY THROUGH award.
The Dragonslayer award is presented to a pre-selected individual who has conquered personal monster challenges and continued to compete.
Costume awards are presented to:
Best team costume
Best adult costume
Best boy (under 10) costume
Best girl (under 10 costume
Spectators are permitted within the spectator area and post-party Monster bash. Parking/admission is $5 per vehicle.
Parking/admission is $5 per vehicle. Parking is located directly next to the venue. carpooling is recommended.
The Monster bash includes active and exciting DJs, along with food trucks and various vendors, with games and activities. Participants may bring shade tents and lawn chairs.
All proceeds from the sale of beer is donated to DreamCatcher Horse Rescue Ranch.
Swimming is not required on the current course.
High-pressure, fresh water showers are provided - but remember, this isn't the Ritz, so be quick and let the next Monster have at it!
Key check is free. Small gear bags can be checked for $5, however, upon retrieval, you will receive $5 in Monster Cash to be used toward merchandise of $10 or more only.
Teams are highly recommended! The largest team receives their own 20 x 20 tent stocked with goodies and a keg of beer.
Teams of 10 or more receive a discounted rate (must register at one time using one pay source).
Coupons / Discount Codes:
Please see our obstacle course race discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, discount codes, and coupon codes for Clermont Florida Monster Challenges Fall 2014. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.