This event has passed.
Great news! Looks like this race is happening again in the area. Sign up for the date on Saturday, October 24th 2015
South Carolina USMC Ultimate Challenge Mud Run Spring 2013Results
April 27, 2013
Create a free account, or sign in, to join these awesome people to show your interest (or attendance) of this event
- South Carolina USMC Ultimate Challenge Mud Run Spring 2013
- April 27, 2013
- + iCal+ gCal
- The Leatherneck
View a Google Map
The Leatherneck Valley Ridge Road , Gaston, SC, 29053, United States
Since 1993 the Greater Columbia Marine Foundation has hosted this bi-annual event to raise money and awareness for Marines, Veterans, and the families of our wounded or fallen from the Columbia area, Soth Carolina, and the U.S.
- Series History:
- 3 events in the past, and 1 scheduled for the future
- Average rating: 5 / 5 from 2 reviews.
Click here to see all reviews and comments for South Carolina USMC Ultimate Challenge Mud Run Spring 2013, and add your own!
- Event Website:
- Visit Event Site
- This event has passed, registration is closed.
- Four-Person Teams Only and Only One Registration Fee of $170.00 per team. Don't have your team lined up? You can still sign up for the event (and pay the $170 Team Registration Fee); you will just need to put TBD (to be determined) for Teammates 2, 3 and 4. Team members must be at least 14 years old and at least 1 member per team must be 18 or older
- 6.2 miles
- Course Description:
- The Leatherneck was designed by a former Marine Drill Instructor to challenge each team mentally, and physically. It is a 6.2 mile all-terrain course with 36 Military Obstacles that include mud holes, walls, trenches, and more that require swimming, crawling, climbing, jumping, and sheer determination. Throughout history from Ancient Greece to present day the most successful military units have been based on team work and not the individual.
An obstacle list you might encounter on the course may include:
#1 — Leatherneck Welcome - 3 — 5' Walls — Each team member must navigate over
#2 — The Perfume River - Wall Climb with Rope - each team member must navigate creek and use ropes provided to scale the wall at the creek exit
#3 — Under Bar Slide - 15' length X 8' high — Each team member jumps up and grabs the bar and slides down the bar feet first
#4 — Culverts - Each team member crawls through the tunnel on hands and knees
#5 — Rope Swing - Each team member runs up jumps to grab a rope and swings across the mud pit to the other side
#6 — Low Crawl Under Logs - Each team member crawls on their chest underneath Logs
#7 — Wall Climb - 15' height - Each team member climbs to the top of the wall and up and over then down the other side
#8 — Log Crossing - Each team member walks the length of the log across the top of the pit to the other side without falling
#9 — Mud Hole - Over under logs, each team member crawls through the logs alternating between going over and under the logs
#10 — Rope Bridge - Each team member crosses the pit by walking across the steel cable and not falling in
#11 — Mud Hole Crawl - Each team member crawls through the logs alternating between going over and under the logs
#12 — Parallel Bars - Each team member grabs the bottom bar, pulls themselves up to the top bar, 8' high, then they must go over the top bar and lower themselves back down to the ground (Marines will direct maneuvering)
#13— HeartBreak Ridge - Each team member runs the path along the ridge
#14 — Monkey Bars - Each team member grabs each bar in their hands and swings from bar to bar without falling in the pit.
#15 — The Passage - Each team member is passed through the center of the tire by their teamates without touching the tire or obstacle.
#16 — Parris Island Grinder - #17 — Parallel logs - Each team member must pass over the top of each log - 3' high
#18 — Hamburger Hill - Triple Hills (10', 15', 20') - each team member runs over the top of each hill
#19 — Chosin Reservoir - Water Hole (10' deep, 48' long) - each team member jumps in to the water and swims to the opposite end and exits the pit (if you can't swim you may take a penalty of 1 min and walk around)
#20 — Trench low crawl - each team member crawls under the cammie net from one end to the other
#21 — Z trench (2 lanes of mud) - each team member runs through the trench from one end to the other and climbs the hill at the end of the trench
#22 — Parallel Logs - Each team member must pass over the top of each log, 5' high
#23 — Cargo Net - Each team member must climb the net to the top and over climbing back down the other side, 12' high
#24 Mud Pit - Each team member must run through the waist deep pit
#25 — Weaver - Each team member crawls through the logs alternating between going over and under the logs without touching the ground
#26 — The Team Wall - Each team member must get all members over the top of the 10' wall and down the other side
#28 — Euphrates River - Each team member negotiates the creek from one end to the other.
#29 — Mud Pit - Each team member crawls under the logs from one end to the other
#30 — Tarzan - Each team member grabs each rope in their hands and swings from rope to rope without falling in the pit.
#31 — The Sands of Iwo Jima - Each team member crawls from one end to the other
#32 — Mt. Suribachi Stairway to Heaven - Each team member climbs to the top of the 15' wall, goes over and then down the other side
#33 — Island Hopping - Each team must move through the water and over the Islands the entire length of the obstacle
#34 — Arm Walk - Each team member must walk the length of the obstacle on their hands without falling or touching the ground
#35 — Switch Backs - Each team member must run the length of the obstacle back and forth across the top of the hill
#36 — Sandy Run - Firemans Carry your team member s100 yards to the
- Start Time:
- Waves start at 7:30am. Start times are assigned based on when you register. Requests for earlier start times cannot be accommodated, but requests for later start times can. When contacting us please include your order number.
- Participants must be at least 14 years old to compete and each team must have one member who is over the age of 18. You can register your child 5 and over for the ""Devil Pup Challenge"". The Devil Pup Challenge is open from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm and your child's registration is good all day, they can run the course as many times as they want. The 5-8 year olds' course is a 100-yard course that offers the little ones an irresistible Saturday romp in the mud and lets them feel like part of the action. The 9-13 year olds' course is just under a mile long with eight obstacles to challenge their fitness and focus.
This biannual event benefits the Greater Columbia Marine Foundation which raises money, awareness and support for Marines, Veterans, and their families in the Columbia area, the state of South Carolina, and across the nation who have been wounded or killed while serving on active duty. They have also supported several local college scholarships which have been named in memory of Marines killed serving their country, as well as, local and National charities that support veterans causes and community leadership as well as events which promote the Marine Corps in the community.
- You can update your registration information for your team anytime between the time you register and 1 April 2013 by logging in to your account using the email you registered with. After that time, simply bring your new team member(s) to the event check-in along with waviers for all members of your team.
- View Results Here
- Please see our discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, and coupon codes for the South Carolina USMC Ultimate Challenge Mud Run Spring 2013. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.
Click "About" above to hide this text again