September 13, 2014
Falls River Farms
http://www.mudrunguide.com/event/corbin-kentucky-lions-chase-obstacle-race-2014/ Falls River Farms, 11220 Cumberland Falls HWY, Corbin, KY, United States Lions Chase [email protected] use-title true MM/DD/YYYY
First wave begins at 8:30am.
Waves go every 15 Minutes
Venue:Falls River Farms
11220 Cumberland Falls HWY
Corbin, KY, United States - View Map
Organizer:Lions Chase Lion’s Chase is an outdoor adventure obstacle course race that will test your resilience, strength, stamina, quick decision making skills, ability to laugh in the face of adversity, and heart! If you have tried trail races, mud runs, or a warrior dash, it's time to see if you truly have the heart of a Lion.
Click "About" above to hide this text again
Click here to read or add your own Corbin Kentucky Lions Chase Obstacle Race 2014 reviews
Registration:Visit Event Website
This event has passed, registration is closed.
|$40||May 27th, 2014|
|$50||July 9th, 2014|
|$55||August 13th, 2014|
|$60||August 30th, 2014|
|$70||September 9th, 2014 (Online Registration Closes)|
|$80||Race Day Registration (if available)|
What You Get:
- Lion’s Chase t-shirt
- Custom Lion’s Chase finisher medal
- Post-race snack and water
- Lion’s Chase race bib
- The pride that comes along with being a Lion
- Additional drinks, clothing, merchandise, and food items will be available for purchase on race day
Lion's Chase takes place on a beautiful 250 acre farm with rolling hills, creeks, and lakes. The course contains over 40 obstacles.
- Hay Bale Hurtle #1- Jump over a 6ft tall and 6ft wide hay bale with a 20 ft. running start.
- Hay Bale Hurtle #2- Jump over a 6ft tall and 6ft wide hay bale with a 20 ft. running start.
- Hay Bale Hurtle #3- Jump over a 6ft tall and 6ft wide hay bale with a 20 ft. running start.
- Log Jump #1 – Jump over a large log lying on the ground.
- Log Jump #2 – Jump over a large log lying on the ground.
- Log Jump #3 – Jump over a large log lying on the ground.
- Log Hurdle – Jump over a 3ft. high log wall hurtle.
- Mud Pit – Wade through a muddy pit
- Tractor Tire Flip- Flip a large tractor tire three times.
- Lion’s Tail- Climb up a sheer rock wall approximately 25 feet high with the assistance of a rope secured at the top of the wall.
- Log Over / Under- Crawl under and over 20 logs laying across a creek bed.
- Sisyphus’ Boulder Carry- Carry a boulder up and down a designated circle path, and then return the boulder to its original point of origin.
- Log Hurdle- Jump over a 3ft. high log wall hurtle.
- Log Wall Climb- Climb over a wall approximately 15 feet high. This wall will have logs to be used for hand and foot holds.
- Incline Climb- Climb up a steep incline.
- Cargo Net Climb-Climb up and over a cargo net suspended between two trees.
- View From the Top- As you emerge from the forest and enter the logging area your will see a view that is Breath Taking! Although not as breath taking as the hill you are about to climb!
- Log Hurdle #1 – Jump over a 3ft. high log wall hurtle.
- Log Hurdle #2 – Jump over a 3ft. high log wall hurtle.
- Tunnel Crawl- Crawl under a 3ft wide, 2ft high, and 15ft long wooden structure through dirt and mud
- Moguls of Misery- Climb up and down a series of dirt moguls that will leave your lungs and calves burning.
- Lion’s Grip- Maneuver across 5 triangle grips suspended 9ft about a 4ft deep pool of water.
- Lion’s Den - Crawl through a 3ft wide, 3ft deep, 30 ft long ditch filled with mud and water. Barb wire is suspended overhead.
- Sand Bag Carry- Carry a sand bag up and down a designated circle path, and then return the sand bag to its original point of origin.
- Lion’s Ladder- Maneuver across a 25ft ladder suspended 9ft about a 4ft deep pool of water.
- More Moguls of Misery- Climb up and down a series of dirt moguls.
- Lion’s Bridge- Cross a pond on a rope suspended 3ft above the water for your feet and another rope suspended 9ft above the water for your hands.
- Log Throw – Throw three logs over a 8ft tall bar.
- Log Carry- Carry a log up and down a designated circle path, and then return the log to its original point of origin.
- Log Cross- Walk or run if you dare across a 15ft log suspended over a rocky creek.
- Rope Swing- Swing on a rope across a 20ft span over a rocky creek.
- Chest High Beam Climb- Climb over a beam that is 5-6ft off the ground.
- Ramp Up- Run up a steep incline and ramp up for the finish. Everyone will be watching you after this obstacle, so use it to ramp up and finish strong.
- Tunnel Crawl- Crawl under a 3ft wide, 2ft high, and 15ft long wooden structure through dirt and mud.
- Climbing Wall- Climb up a 15ft high flat wall with the assistance of wooden hand holds. The back side will have slats across for an easy climb down.
- Lion’s Fence- Climb over a 15ft wall. This wall will have slats to be used for hand and foot holds.
3 Water Stations
Water and Fruit at the Finish Line
Medical Staff On Site
Top 3 overall male and female participants.
Top 3 males and females in each age division.
Best Team Costume
1st Place Men's Open
1st Place Women's Open
1st Place Co-Ed Open
1st Place Men's 30 and Under
1st Place Men's Over 30
1st Place Women's 30 and Under
1st Place Women's Over 30
1st Place Church Team Division
1st Place Relay for Life Team Division
1st Place Work Group Division
We love having folks come watch. We know our Lions love having family and friends with them on race day, to watch them on the hunt and cheer after. Spectators are welcome to join the event, probably get a big mud hug and watch the course and some obstacles in the spectator viewing area all at no cost. The more the merrier!
The cost of parking is $10. Please have cash ready. Car-pooling is highly encouraged. Parking is on site with NO SHUTTLES!!!
You have a desire to live life to the full. Our goal is simple... to get you off your couch, throw you in the mud & trails, and feed you one tough endurance event that will be the adrenalin rush of your life. Lion’s Chase is an experience that will make you feel alive and powerful! Whether you are an avid runner or this is your first ever race, Lion's Chase is for all experience levels. Lion's Chase gives you a reason to get in shape and a badge of honor to share with your friends.
Lion’s Chase is a Faith Based organization that partners with local organizations to raise funds for worthy causes. The upcoming Lion's Chase in Corbin, KY will donate a portion of the entry fee proceeds to Relay For Life of Corbin and the American Cancer Society. Relay For Life funds cancer research and provides hope for those who are battling this terrible disease.
Free Race For All Cancer Survivors! - (Email us at [email protected] and share about your battle with cancer in 500 words or less and we will email you a code for a Free Race Registration)
Men’s Open Division (Teams are comprised of Men of all Ages)
Women’s Open Division (Teams are comprised of Women of all Ages)
Co-Ed Open Division (Teams are comprised of Men and Women of all Ages, The top 2 men, top 2 women, and 3rd best of either gender will make up the team score)
Men’s 30 & Under Division (Teams are comprised of Men 30 & Under)
Men’s Over 30 Division (Teams are comprised of Men over 30)
Women’s 30 & Under Division (Teams are comprised of Women 30 & Under)
Women’s Over 30 Division (Teams are comprised of Women over 30)
Church Division (Teams are comprised Men & Women who attend the same Church)
Work Group Division (Teams are comprised of Men & Women who work together)
Relay for Life Division (Teams are comprised of Men & Women who work together to raise money for Relay for Life and American Cancer Society)
*All competitors are individually timed, but may choose to join with other participants to form a team. Teams may be as large as you would like but only the top 5 times will be counted toward your team time. Team members DO NOT need to run in the same wave time to be part of a team. Each wave consists of people from every age division. You may register for any available wave regardless of your age. Just choose the time you’d prefer to race when registering.
Coupons / Discount Codes:
Please see our obstacle course race discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, discount codes, and coupon codes for Corbin Kentucky Lions Chase Obstacle Race 2014. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.