This event has passed.
Dallas Fort Worth Texas The Original Mud Run 2013
October 26, 2013
Use discount code Mudrun15 for $10 off your The Original Mud Run registration!!!!
Create a free account, or sign in, to join these awesome people to show your interest (or attendance) of this event
- Dallas Fort Worth Texas The Original Mud Run 2013
- October 26, 2013
- + iCal+ gCal
- Bear Creek Nature Park
View a Google Map
1000 Bear Creek Rd, Lancaster, TX, 75146, United States
Since 1999 - The ORIGINAL National Mud Run Adventure Race Series. Mud, Music, Food, 30+ Obstacles, Beer, More Music, Crazy Costumes, After Party, Teams...built by former Marines!
- Series History:
- 7 events in the past, and 0 scheduled for the future
- Average rating: 2.69 / 5 from 13 reviews.
Click here to see all reviews and comments for Dallas Fort Worth Texas The Original Mud Run 2013, and add your own!
- Event Website:
- Visit Event Site
- This event has passed, registration is closed.
Cost Race Type $30 Kids Fun Run $75 Adult Registration 5k or 10k
THERE IS NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
There are no changes or substitutions allowed inside of 7 days prior to the race and the are no refunds once registered. However unlikely, extreme weather and other conditions may result in a postponement of the event to a future date which you will be transferred to automatically should the need to do so occur. Event registration insurance is available through active.com. You are responsible for the timing chip, if the chip is lost or forgotten you will need to pay a $15 replacement fee on race day. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- 5k & 10k
- Course Description:
- Two courses! 5K (3.1 mile) 18 plus obstacles. 10K (6.2) mile, 30+ obstacles. Both courses are Military Style Obstacle Course for runners 12 years and older. Runners under the age of 18 must have waiver signed by an adult and must be accompanied by an adult during the entire race.
There are approximately 18-20 obstacles to overcome along the 3.1 Mile course and approximately 25-30 obstacles to overcome along the 6.2 Mile course, most of which contain water and mud. Although none of the obstacles are impossible, they do require a certain level of strength and fitness and the potential exists for serious injury or death due to falls, trips and crawling. Obstacles can be taken at any pace or skipped completely and thus the course is able to be completed by most anyone. In the competitive division obstacles must be attempted three times, however, if a competitive runner feels unsafe attempting the obstacle he/she is encouraged to go around the obstacle. Not attempting the obstacle the required three times will disqualify you from prize eligibility The only exception is with obstacles that involve swimming where an alternate route is available. Should a competitive runner choose the alternate route instead of completing the swim obstacle he/she will not be penalized as the added run distance will be included in his/her overall time. It will challenge you more as you attempt a greater speed completing it. Safety will be the number one priority during the event.
Our Kid's Course is just a ""Little"" version of the fun. Designed for the average 8 Year Old...the race can accommodate ages 3-12. It contains 6-8 obstacles none of which require swimming or any height of note. It is approximately 1 mile to 2k depending on venue and parents are welcome to run alongside their children. Volunteers will assist when needed. There are no winner placing...everyone is a winner for competing and not getting in trouble for being muddy. Children will receive a finisher medal (you are also allowed a t-shirt if you wish but adult small is the smallest size up through all adult sizes.....kid's take home is the medal) and they are welcome to clean up in the wash area after their race. Kid's obstacles are not available for practice or use prior to or after the event. The race is not timed and your child will not receive a timing chip. The kid's event is usually the last event of the day and usually starts at 2pm.
- Start Time:
- Upon registration you will be able to select which wave you would prefer to participate in, and will receive a confirmation email once the registration is complete. (Please note that some trophy divisions may only have one time slot).
- Aid Stations:
- There are at least 5 water stations along the course and EMS will be on site.
- Official Mud Run T-shirt
- Timing chip for COMPETITION. waves
- Wrist Band
- Free beer (in most locations)
- There will be an awards ceremony for all COMPETITION divisions. DGAP (Fun Run) doesnot have prizes or timing.
- Spectators can hang out at the spectator's corral and other designated areas along the course. We will have vendors on site for food, drink and other merchandise.
- All COMPETITION Categories (teams and individuals BUT NOT DGAP) will be wearing “boots and utes”-combat boots and camouflage utility trousers or long pants (no tights). All COMPETITION Category Participants MUST wear BOOTS that cover the ankle and loose-fitting pants, cargo pants or sweat-pants. COMPETITION CATEGORIES ARE ONLY 10K...THERE IS NO COMPETITION 5K!!!!!!! If you don't like that, run in the fun run called DGAP....in the DGAP division any attire goes (we suggest boots and pants since terrain is rough) and course is basically the same.
DGAP is also the CRAZY COSTUME division and there are no requirements to complete all obstacles if a participant does not feel inclined to do so. There are NO DGAP TEAMS..... OFFICIALLY. DGAP is an Individual entry but you can all run together and ""call yourself"" a team of any size or gender combination. If you want to run with friends in DGAP...register for the same start time!
We will have the local fire company (where available) or hoses connected to a shower device to clean you off; however, you will want to bring a few towels and a change of clothes for the ride home. Changing tents will be on-site.
- Please see our discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, and coupon codes for the Dallas Fort Worth Texas The Original Mud Run 2013. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.
Click "About" above to hide this text again