April 16, 2016
Winged Deer Park
http://www.mudrunguide.com/event/johnson-city-tennessee-deerslayer-obstacle-course-race-2016/ Winged Deer Park, 4137 Bristol Hwy, Johnson City, TN, United States Deerslayer firstname.lastname@example.org use-title true MM/DD/YYYY
Event starts at 8:00am with staggered starts for waves
Venue:Winged Deer Park
4137 Bristol Hwy
Johnson City, TN, United States - View Map
Click "About" above to hide this text again
Reviews:No reviews yet for Johnson City Tennessee Deerslayer Obstacle Course Race 2016. Click here to be the first!
Registration:Visit Event Website
This event has passed, registration is closed.
|$45||January 15, 2016|
|$50||February 15, 2016|
|$55||March 15, 2016|
What You Get:
- Goodie bag
3.1 miles mixed terrain!
1. WALLS, 6’ , 7’ , 8’ , + Racer Instructions: Climb up and over the wall without touching the support structure. - Only women and seniors over 65 can use the “kickers”- Competitive racers are not allowed to help each other.Failure Modes:- Anyone unable to climb over the wall- Anyone using the support structure.- Men using the “kickers”.- Competitive racers that help each other.- Competitive athletes may re-try this obstacle until they complete it properly, or concede failure. Penalty: 30 Jumping Jacks
2. MONKEY BARS Racer Instructions- Swing from bar to bar using ONLY your hands. Feet cannot touch the ground or the rungs. Racers are not allowed on top of the obstacle. Competitive racers are not allowed to help one another.Failure Modes:- Feet touching the ground. Feet touching bars above head. Penalty: 30 Jumping Jacks
3. ROPE CLIMB Racer Instructions - Climb the rope and ring the bell- Female and Seniors only required to climb to RED marker. Failure Modes:-Failure to ring bell. Penalty: 30 Jumping Jacks
4. SPEAR THROW Racer Instructions - One attempt to throw the spear and have it stick into the spearman (wood or hay). - The spear can not be touching the ground. Failure Modes: Spear does not stick into the spearman or it is touching the ground. Penalty: 30 Jumping Jacks
5. BUCKET BRIGADE Racer Instructions - Do not carry the bucket on or above your shoulders (e.g. neck or head). This can cause a serious injury and is not permitted. The entire prescribed route must be followed.- Female and Seniors required to carry RED marked buckets.- Failure Modes: Not returning the bucket to the specified line.- Carrying the bucket on shoulders, neck, or head. Penalty: 30 Jumping Jacks
6. BARBED WIRE CRAWL Racer Instructions - Crawl under the barbed wire. (Rolling IS allowed).- Packs / bottles must go through the barbed wire obstacle.- No diving. Failure Modes: Disqualification if they skip the obstacle, or do not carry their personal belongings through the obstacle. - Going over wire or cord that was designed to go under, unless obstacle has been damaged in a way to make it impractical to navigate otherwise. Penalty for Failure: Disqualification for not completing the obstacle.
7. HERCULES HOIST Racer Instructions: Pull the rope to raise the weight until the knot or weight reaches thetop. Lower the weight slowly and under control, without releasing the rope, until weight reaches the ground. (no dropping the weight).- ONLY Female and Seniors can use RED marked ropes. Failure Modes: Unable to fully raise the weight. Dropping the weight (rope slips through, or leaves the Athletes hands AND hits the ground hard). Males using RED marked ropes. Penalty: 30 Jumping Jacks
8. TunnelRacer Instructions: Proceed all the way through the tunnel. Failure Modes: Turning around and /or going over the tunnel. Penalty: Disqualification
9. TIRE FLIP Racer Instructions: Flip the tire the prescribed number of times. Failure Modes: Unable to flip the tire the required number of times. Penalty: 30 Jumping Jacks.
10.TRAVERSE WALL Racer Instructions: Navigate the wall using only the handholds and ring the bell. Racers are not allowed to touch the top of the wall or the ground. As in all obstacles, Elite racers are not allowed to help each other. Athletes are allowed to use the structure and top to position themselves on the beginning of the obstacle. The first hand block and the first foot block must be used when starting the traverse. Failure Modes: Touching the ground. Touching the top of the wall after start. Not ringing the bell. Using any any mechanical (rigging) assistance to complete the obstacle. Penalty: 30 Jumping Jacks.
11. TIRE STUTTER STEP Racer Instructions: Run through the field of tires alternating steps. Feet must touch ground in center of each tire. Athlete may not run on top of tire, tire must be touching the ground at all times. As in all obstacles, racers can not help each other. Failure Modes: Unable to complete task. Running on top of the tires. Not alternating steps trying to vault over multiple tires. Penalty for Failure: 30 Jumping Jacks
12. OVER UNDER THROUGH Racer Instructions: Navigate OVER the first wall, UNDER the second wall, and THROUGH the last set of walls. Failure Modes: Unable to navigate the walls. Penalty for Failure: 30 Jumping Jacks
13. HAY OVER Racer Instructions: Climb up on to hay bales. Cross over the length of all the hay bales. Failure Modes: Not willing or able to cross the entire length of the bales. Falling off the bales. Penalty for Failure:30 Jumping Jacks.
14.SLIP AND SLIDE Racer Instructions: Feet first only. Can not go head first.Failure Modes: Unable to complete the obstacle. Going head first. Penalty for Failure: Disqualification for not completing the obstacle.
15. Low Hay Bales Racer Instructions: Alternate going over each “hurdle”. Failure Modes: Not going over/ the walls. Penalty for Failure: Disqualification for not completing the obstacle
16. BALANCE BEAM Racer Instructions: Navigate across the beam(s) without touching the ground. Failure Modes: Touching the ground before reaching the end of the beam. Penalty for Failure: Disqualification for not completing the obstacle.
17. BIG Ladder CLIMB Racer Instructions: Climb up and over the wall. Failure Modes: Not willing or able to climb over the obstacle. Penalty: 30 Jumping Jacks
18. WATER BARRIER Racer Instructions: Run across the trench. Failure Modes: Not willing or able to cross the water trench. Penalty: 30 Jumping Jacks
19. SMALL HURDLES Racer Instructions: Run over each of the low hurdles. Failure Modes: Not willing or able to jump over the hurdleKnocking over Hurdles. Penalty: 30 Jumping Jacks
Water stations will be throughout the course.
First = $150, Second =$100 and Third =$75. Overall Male and Overall Female in Competitive group only.
Ages: 18+ (proof of age required at packet pickup and race day sign in). Bag Check available race day $2 per person.
Coupons / Discount Codes:
Please see our obstacle course race discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, discount codes, and coupon codes for Johnson City Tennessee Deerslayer Obstacle Course Race 2016. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.