Looking for other Women's only races? Check our full list of just female only races here!!
This event has passed.
Los Angeles California LoziLu Women’s Mud Run 2014
March 22, 2014
Use discount code MRG3678 for 10% off your LoziLu registration!!!!
Create a free account, or sign in, to join these awesome people to show your interest (or attendance) of this event
- Los Angeles California LoziLu Women’s Mud Run 2014
- March 22, 2014
- + iCal+ gCal
Exfoliate your 5k! Uncontrollable laughter, excessive smiling, and your most memorable girls’ day of the year are inevitable at LoziLu. Laced with challenge, beauty, and feminine SWAG. Created for all fitness levels to scale obstacles, climb nets, conquer walls, pose for paparazzi, and exfoliate in 3 mud baths. LoziLu exists to help young patients with cancer live happier lives.
- Series History:
- 29 events in the past, 4 scheduled for the future
- Average rating: 3.5 / 5 from 8 reviews.
Click here to see all reviews and comments for Los Angeles California LoziLu Women’s Mud Run 2014, and add your own!
- Event Website:
- Visit Event Site
- This event has passed, registration is closed.
Individual Until $54 December 18th, 2013 $59 January 15th, 2014 $64 February 19th, 2014 $69 March 11th, 2014 $79 March 18th, 2014 (Online Registration Closes)
Change of plans? No worries. Transfer your entry before the close of online registration at no charge. Sorry no refunds under any circumstance.
Students & Military save $10
- 3ish miles (~5k)
- Course Description:
- Bad Hair Day, Tan Lines, Mani-Pedi, Walk This Way, and The Exfoliator are just a few (click here for some obstacle photos)…climbing, crawling, jumping, balancing, sliding, scampering, and a little bit of courage help to get past them all. Each obstacle is designed with a variety of fitness levels in mind. The ultra-fit as well as the first 5Ker find fabulous fun on course. None of our obstacles are designed to hurt you. There are NO fires or electric shocks. The natural terrain serves as our canvas to craft a unique experience for each LoziLu city.
Every LoziLu obstacle is optional. Our obstacles are creatively crafted to challenge a variety of skill and fitness levels. However, we all have our moments of doubt and we support your decision to walk around any obstacles you are not comfortable with
The term “mud run” is deceiving since the majority of the 5k course is on dirt roads or trails, but “dirt run” just didn’t have the same ring to it. Every LoziLu course has several mud baths to rejuvenate. Some venues incorporate more mud than others due to the natural terrain. Each venue incorporates slightly different obstacles depending on the terrain features. For the most part, each LoziLu has about 10-12 obstacles and a couple may be unique to the venue.
- Start Time:
- 100 to 200 of your closest friends join you in each wave going off every 15 minutes starting at 9am. Pick a convenient time and tell your friends! If you want to lay down a smoking hot time, sign up for the competitive wave which kicks off the event. Just make sure to track your time.... The final wave is around noon.
- Aid Stations:
- There are two to three Party Oases on-course with water to keep you topped off. Music flows at each party oasis, the perfect opportunity for an impromptu dance party on-course with your fellow LoziLu’ers. An additional water station quenches your thirst at the Start and Finish. The world-famous Snack Drawer satisfies a little craving with bottled water, bananas, snacks, and other treats.
- Exclusive and styling LoziLu Tote
- Finisher Medal
- Workout Towel
- Stylish headband
- Bonding with the GFs
- DJ hosted party to shake your groove thang
- LoziLu is more inclusive than other fitness events and there are no competitive-based awards. Instead, the largest team earns a special prize (hint, it’s usually a case of wine…perfect for the after-after party). Best Outfit is another highly coveted prize. Best Outfit is voted for on-site and is done twice throughout the day. See the entertainment schedule on your city’s page for the Best Outfit award times.
- Best Outfit Contest
- Free! Bring the family, men too. No fee for spectators to cheer you on
- A short stroll to the Party Area. $10 per car. Please carpool.
- Post Party:
- Beer, wine and the after-party start about 30 minutes after the start of the first wave.Bring your dancing shoes or just unwind. The DJ's request line is always open at Club LoziLu. Last call is about 2 hours after the last wave. Safety is key, so stay hydrated prior to your wave and leave the alcohol for after.
The world-famous Snack Drawer awaits at the finish. Free candy, chips, cookies, and of course...bananas. Go ahead, cheat on your diet.
- Beautiful smiles, friends and memories! Studio quality photos capture your dirty side, only $1.99 to download.
Pick a comfy, weather-appropriate workout outfit; one you don't mind getting really dirty. Better yet, plan a team outfit...your team could win an amazing prize in our Best Outfit Contest.
Plan on arriving about 1 hour prior to your wave start to have ample time to park, check-in, limber up, and avoid unnecessary stress.
We hate losing stuff. Leave your jewelry and any valuables at home. Glass containers too. Bad Moods especially.
Anything you don't need on-course can be checked at the complimentary Valet while you have fun with the girls.
Rinse off and pamper yourself in Salon LL before skipping over to the change tent for a superwoman makeover.
LoziLu & L.I.F.E. help kids and young adults with leukemia & lymphoma to pay their medical bills. Your LoziLu registration helps patients live happier lives. In 2012 LoziLu donated $15,000 to those in need and has high hopes of tripling this amount in 2013.
We love fitness, we hate cancer. 5% of your registration is donated directly to LIFE in order to support research and young patients with this horrible disease. During registration you can also elect to donate additional dollars to LIFE; 100% of these dollars go to LIFE. Want even more money to go to LIFE? In lieu of running LoziLu you can donate the equivalent of your entry fee directly to LIFE by visiting GiveToLife.org.
LoziLu is all about fitness and fun. Bring the right mindset and most everyone is able to finish. All fitness levels are encouraged to participate. If you can comfortably walk 3 miles you will be able to finish, however some of the obstacles may prove very challenging (although none are required). A little bit of training makes LoziLu much more fun and LoziLu Traning has you covered at no charge.
You must be 13 years or older
There is no timing system, so bring a watch if you wish to get your course time. Many of us at LoziLu participate in competitive races throughout the year, yet the focus of LoziLu is fitness, friends and fun rather than measuring yourself against others. Perhaps you will decide to carry your fitness into a competitive event, and we would be happy to suggest a few of our favorite races.
LoziLu respects your desire to clean up as well as your privacy. So maybe the “showers” are just a hose with a nice nozzle on the end, but if your friend holds the nozzle high in the air then it’s just like showering at home The hoses certain get you clean enough to party or relax in the summer sun. The Change Tent gives you privacy from peeping Tom. Remember to pack an old bath towel to get you dry and a garbage bag for your dirty clothes
Fitness at every age is important, but the minimum age to participate is 13. Everyone under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian sign their release waiver before heading down to LoziLu. If you are under 18 and forget your waiver, we can’t let you participate.
Every obstacle is optional, even the mud pit. if you decide to go detour the mud pit, you are likely to still get dirty doing other features. Wear clothes you don’t mind getting stained, dark clothes fair a little better than light. We hear costumes are the easiest to clean…wink, wink.
All water-based feature require ZERO swimming ability.
- There is no limit to the number of girls on a team. However, each woman pays her own entry fee. Have the most women register for your team to earn a special prize (hint, it's usually a few cases of wine...perfect for the after-after party). Other fabulous team awards are voted on by you after each LoziLu. Look to the post-event emails announcing each prize competition.
Teams are not required. We enter a lot of events on our own, call us adventurous, so we welcome you as an individual or even as a nameless team. If your friends or family are weary to participate, have them volunteer!
- Please see our discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, and coupon codes for the Los Angeles California LoziLu Women’s Mud Run 2014. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.
Click "About" above to hide this text again