August 22, 2015
http://www.mudrunguide.com/event/paltz-york-search-rescue-orienteering-challenge-2015/ Mohonk Preserve, Upper 27 Knoll Road, High Falls, NY, United States Lost Tribe Expeditions firstname.lastname@example.org use-title true MM/DD/YYYY
6HR start time 8AM
3HR start time 11AM
Upper 27 Knoll Road
High Falls, NY, United States - View Map
3HR or 6HR
Organizer:Lost Tribe Expeditions Are you ready to take your adventure racing to the next level? Think you have conquered the mountains and all its obstacles? We guarantee that you have never tried a race like this before! The Lost Tribe Expeditions is hosting their 2nd Annual Search and Rescue Adventure Race/Orienteering Challenge.
This race will be a team race to collect as many control points with a map and some with compass.
Click "About" above to hide this text again
Reviews:No reviews yet for New Paltz New York Search and Rescue Orienteering Challenge 2015. Click here to be the first!
Registration:Visit Event Website
This event has passed, registration is closed.
|Indiviual Cost 3hr or 6hr||Until|
|Military/Law Enforcement/First Responder discount available-$55|
What You Get:
- T Shirt
- Finisher Patch and Certificate
Team racers will begin early morning, Individual racers will be set out on the course 3hours after the team racers start so that all will finish together.
Courses will have overlap, but the 6hr team course will have a much larger course.
Teams consist of a minimum of 2 competitors and a maximum of 6.
Teams must complete the race with at least 2 of the original members to be scored.
Penalties against team and individual racer’s scores will be given for each minute late after the race cutoff time.
Racers and Teams later than 15min will be awarded completion but not scored.
1-3rd places will be awarded for both the 3HR Individual and 6HR Team categories
There will be spotters on the course, no guarantee you will find them though, this is an orienteering race not a marked course!
Basecamp is at the Spring Farm Pavilion- aka ""The Million Dollar View""
Included in participant cost-no fees day of.
Volunteers will get free entry
Spectators must pay for day pass-Mohonk Preserve (non-profit Nature Preserve Fee)-$12
Of course-live music and did you notice one of our top sponsors is an international wine corporation?! All on the Million Dollar View
1) This is a daytime event- the course will be open for 6 hours for teams and 3hours for the solo racers to collect as many points as possible. Teams and individuals may turn in their punchcard at any time for scoring, but to remain competitive teams must prepare to be on the course as long as possible and be able to quickly and strategically navigate to control points
2) For the 6hr Team Competitive: Teams must have at least 2 members and no more than 6 total. Team members may drop from the race but the team must finish with at least 2 original members to be scored.
3) Control points are worth different amounts of points depending on their difficulty to navigate to. Compass will be required to get to some points, but there will be no off trail bushwhacking.
4) Teams may register each member individually by a captain creating the team name-team members can then choose to join open teams. Captains can also close teams so that a password is required to join that team.
5) Join In! This is a race designed for first time orienteers, avid racers, and just for fun adventurers! Can you and your team take home the 1st Place?!
6) Competitors are responsible for their own gear-clothing, water, packs, and compass-(only 1 required per team)
7) There will be an aide station at base and at a more remote section of your course with water and snacks.
8) NO GPS allowed-not really going to help you out there anyway!
9) Entry fee includes also includes t-shirt, finisher's award, and prizes for the top 3 teams.
10) All participants must checkout with base registration before leaving, otherwise we will send you your own search and rescue party
Teams can register individually-Minimum of 2, max of 6 per team.
Coupons / Discount Codes:
Please see our obstacle course race discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, discount codes, and coupon codes for New Paltz New York Search and Rescue Orienteering Challenge 2015. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.