October 05, 2014
Sam Houston Race Park
http://www.mudrunguide.com/event/sunday-houston-texas-mighty-mud-dash-fall-2014/ Sam Houston Race Park, 7575 N. Sam Houston Parkway W., Houston, TX, United States Mighty Mud Dash [email protected] use-title true MM/DD/YYYY
9AM with heats every 20 mins. There are competitive heats with chip timers.
Venue:Sam Houston Race Park
7575 N. Sam Houston Parkway W.
Houston, TX, United States - View Map
Organizer:Mighty Mud Dash The Ultimate 5K Adventure Run Mighty Mud Dash’s 5k mud run gives you the opportunity to test your grit, determination, and pure might against the most innovative obstacle course out there. At Mighty Mud Dash we offer more obstacles and mud than anyone else. When running our 5k adventure mud run challenge you can expect to tackle at least 20 obstacles, while knowing that a portion of the proceeds will benefit thrill seekers like yourself at Adaptive Action Sports. Do you have the might? Prove it.
Click "About" above to hide this text again
Click here to read or add your own Houston Texas Mighty Mud Dash Fall 2014 reviews
Use discount code MRG20 for 20% off your registration
Registration:Visit Event Website
This event has passed, registration is closed.
|$55||July 10th, 2014|
|$60||July 24th, 2014|
|$65||August 7th, 2014|
|$70||August 21st, 2014|
|$75||September 4th, 2014|
|$80||September 18th, 2014|
|$85||Online Registration Closes|
|$95||Race Day Registration|
What You Get:
- Mighty Mud Dash Medal
- Free Beer
- After party with music
In the Mighty Mud Dash course you can expect to tackle 3.2 miles of tough obstacle racing hitting anywhere from 20-24 obstacles. Below are the obstacles in order (Please note obstacles are subject to change if deemed necessary by the race directors)
1. Over, Under – Here you will be expected to leap over 3-4ft and go under 2 ft over clearance. if you try to cheat and go over an obstacle you are supposed to go under you will be met by are friend the barb wire.
2. Dark Knight – There will be multiple trenches cut 3ft wide and 20 ft long. Each trench will be filled half way with water and cover by 4X8 sheets of plywood. If you are scared of the dark this is not your obstacle.
3. Barb Wire Bear Crawls – Exiting the Dark Night you will be met with your first Mud Pit, but you must stay lay, like under 2 ft low, right above you will be barb wire.
4. Rubber Bandit – Welcome to tire heaven. Here you will do 20 yards of high knees through tires, then you will run through 40-60 swinging tires.
5. Lumber Jacked – Where telephone poles, mud and water combine. Here we will have to pits with 6 telephone poles in each pit. As a participant you are supposed to go over and then under the telephone poles as you see fit.
6. Life’s a Ditch - Welcome to our version of trenches. Here you will run through 20- yards of trenches filled with 3ft of water. Please note that there will be a lip going in and a lip going out. Try not to slip in and be sure to help each other out.
7. Hurdles in the Woods – After this obstacle you will make your way back in the woods where you will face three sets of tree hurdles.
8. Spider Webs – as you venture your way out of the woods you will be mangled by hundreds of yard of bungee cord wrapped from tree limb to tree limb.
9. Mud Moguls – The most deceiving obstacle, Mud Moguls. Mud Moguls is a stretch of 5-6 mounds of dirt with 2-3ft of water in between each mound. Due to the water, mud and pitch of the mounds it becomes extremely difficult to get up and over the moguls without any help.
10. Rope to Rope – This obstacle is exactly as it sounds, it is a rope attached to one main beam to the next. Rope will cross a 14ft mud pit that is 4ft deep. You either need killer upper body strength or be smart enough to use your whole body to shimmy across.
11. Tube Tunnels – There will be four to five corrugated pipes laid at slight angle leading into a mud pit. As you gain access to the pit below you will be met by water as it proceeds to enter the tunnel. As you exit into the pit you will be fenced in by 6 fence panels laid over top the watery mud pit.
12. Mud Mountain -You will climb 20 ft to reach the top before you hit the trap to slide down in a 40 yard mud trench. This obstacle has been in discussion to change into a hike instead of a slide.
13. Monkey Wrench – Here you will try to conquer our monkey bars that are built on a truss system. You will start out at a slight incline with a deep pitch, then you will level out going across and then you finish at a decline. At the highest point you will be more than 10ft from the mud pit.
14. Rope Swing – Fun, but a hard landing. You will swing across a mud pit, if you don’t swing high enough you will hit the water. If you do conquer the rope swing and make it to the other side then be sure and try to keep your footing on the wet mud.
15. The Summit – This is our version of the Half pipe. We will have ledges and rope on two sides of the half pipe, but in the middle there will be no support for all you daring souls.
16. Arctic Freeze – This is a mud pit full of water that has three telephone poles buried. Race coordinators will be dumping in over 600 bags of 40lbs ice in the mud pit throughout the race day. participants will be expected to jump in the pit and dunk under the poles before exiting the pit. Please note the pit will be extremely hard to exit.
17. Wally World – Welcome tot he start of Mighty Valley and the last stretch. Here you will face the feat of conquering four plus walls 10ft tall.
18. Cargo Crawl – You will go up across and down our cargo net. This isn’t your typical A frame cargo crawl, no this is a bit more difficult. As each section will sag as you roll across making it extremely difficult to gain footing.
19. Fenced In – Here you will conquer 3ft trenches that have fence panels laid over the top. Each trench will be adequately filled with water. It is easier for the participant to enter in backwards and pull themselves out.
20. Barb Wire Crawl #2 – After being fenced in you will still need to stay low as you will be faced with barb wire 2ft off the ground.
21. Mighty Wall – Your final obstacle of the day is a 14ft wall. Though it sounds easy, this is no easy task. Since it is the last obstacle of the day everyone wants to do
it, leaving the obstacle drenched in mud. Grab a hold and hold on tight.
22. Mystery Obstaclee – This can be placed anywhere in the course.
There are cases of water along the course, probably 4-6 total. Fruit and water available at the finish line.
Spectators are free, but they have limited access to the course. They have a viewing area.
$10 cash per car.
There is a special 1-mile kids race.
Supports Texas park and wildlife foundation.
Teams can sign up. Teams are not required to finish together.
Coupons / Discount Codes:
Please see our obstacle course race discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, discount codes, and coupon codes for Houston Texas Mighty Mud Dash Fall 2014. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.