June 21, 2014
Resurrection Life Church
http://www.mudrunguide.com/event/west-michigan-mudventure-2014/ Resurrection Life Church, 5100 Ivanrest Ave SW, Grandville, MI, United States MudVenture firstname.lastname@example.org use-title true MM/DD/YYYY
Waves of up to 250 participants will start at the following times:
Wave 1 – 8:00am
Wave 2 – 8:20am
Wave 3 – 8:40am
Wave 4 – 9:00am
Wave 5 – 9:20am
Venue:Resurrection Life Church
5100 Ivanrest Ave SW
Grandville, MI, United States - View Map
Organizer:MudVenture The West Michigan MudVenture 5k is a mud/obstacle run for young and old, and all athletic abilities. You will find challenges, camaraderie --and plenty of mud. It will be a day you won’t forget.
Click "About" above to hide this text again
Click here to read or add your own West Michigan MudVenture 2014 reviews
Registration:Visit Event Website
This event has passed, registration is closed.
|$35||March 16th, 2014|
|$45||June 8th, 2014|
|$55||Online Registration Closes|
No extra online processing fees or parking fees – what you see is what you pay. This is a great deal if you compare it to other area races.
What You Get:
- T-Shirt if pre-registered
- Finishers Shirt
This will be an event you won’t stop talking about it. The course will be 5 Kilometers (3.1 miles) with over 20 unique obstacles. The terrain will consist of pavement, packed trails through woods and open fields, mud, soft sand, a pond and creeks.
We designed each obstacle so every person will be able to complete them on their own. But if you need help, there will be plenty of fellow participants that will be more than willing to give you a hand. We will always give you a “walk-around” route in case that obstacle is not for you.
Here is a list of the obstacles that you may encounter:
1. SuperSoaker – Begin your adventure with a pre-soak before getting dirty.
2. Sand Blast – Over, Under, Over … it is that simple even SANDY can do it.
3. Barrel of Fun – Was that 55 gallons or 55 barrels? … Or both?
4. Salvage Scaler - Another man's junk is a wall of treasures.
5. Lake Mud – Jump in, clean off and feel refreshed… Okay, maybe just get refreshed.
6. Hop It – Step on whatever you can to avoid the hot lava.
7. Badlands – According to the urban dictionary, BAD means AWESOME.
8. Sugar Bowl – How sweet it is!
9. Bag It – Don’t bag it yet…we need your help with 400 sand bags.
10. Pole Bridge - This is your chance to walk over the competition.
11. Ramp it up -I think I can, I think I can… keep telling yourself that.
12. Tightrope – You will not be walking on one, but you will definitely want to hang onto one.
13. Have it your way – Take the short, fun adventure route or the long, boring easy way.
14. Welcome to Boot Camp. Just remember to say … yes sir!
14a. Sand Box – Get down and get dirty.
14b. Swing, but do not dance - It is your chance to act like a monkey.
14c. Give Me 10 – Drop and give me 10 … yes Sir!
14d. Donut Time – These donuts will actually help you lose weight.
14e. Getting Tired? – We want you to get tired on this one.
15. Charlotte's Web - No spiders, but there is a web you might get tangled in.
16. The Mud Pit – I think these 3-letter words say enough.
17, Underwhere? – You have a brief second to choose which underground route to take.
18. Mount Venture – Add a little Venture to this event and climb to new heights.
19. Slippery When Wet - Complete this adventure by sliding towards the finish.
20. Mud Valley – The law of valleys state what goes down, must come back up.
There are 2 aid stations on the course that you will pass twice. So there is a total of 4 chances for water on the course. There is also water at the end as well as a first aid station.
Only registered participants are allowed on the course. But, the course is designed to allow viewing of some great obstacles.
Parking is free! Resurrection Life Church features plenty of parking so finding a spot should not be a problem! Invite your friends and family, there's room for everyone!
You will run, walk, climb, crawl— and get muddy! With over 20 obstacles, you can expect to be challenged, laugh, grunt, breath heavily and even get a little dirty. But don’t worry, if you get to an obstacle that is more than a challenge for you, take one of the detours.
Expect no hidden fees — No extra processing fees or parking fees.
Expect safety volunteers at all obstacles.
Expect the competition to go on rain or shine.
Expect it to be a hot June day — so hydrate well before the race.
Expect two water stations on the course and water at the finish.
Expect some unique running attire.
Expect a rinse station at the finish, but no changing areas—so bring your own towels and garbage bags for the ride home.
Expect to leave with an overwhelming sense of accomplishment.
Teams must have a minimum of 4 participants, maximum is unlimited. The members finish times will be averaged to get an overall team finish time. Any team without the minimum 4 members at the race will be disqualified. They will have times, but they will not be counted in the results. In order to have a team, someone must be designated as a captain and register a team first. The other members of that team will register under Team Member Registration and enter the team name and team ID the captain has chosen.
Coupons / Discount Codes:
Please see our obstacle course race discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, discount codes, and coupon codes for West Michigan MudVenture 2014. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.