September 12, 2015
https://www.mudrunguide.com/event/corbin-kentucky-lions-chase-5k-obstacle-race-2015/ Cumberland Falls, 11220 Cumberland Falls HWY, Corbin, KY, United States Lions Chase firstname.lastname@example.org use-title true MM/DD/YYYY
Race Start Time:
First Heat is at 8:30am. Heats will leave every 15 Minutes until 12:00pm.
11220 Cumberland Falls HWY
Corbin, KY, United States - View Map
Distance & Course Length:
Organizer:Lions Chase Lion’s Chase is an outdoor adventure obstacle course race that will test your resilience, strength, stamina, quick decision making skills, ability to laugh in the face of adversity, and heart! If you have tried trail races, mud runs, or a warrior dash, it's time to see if you truly have the heart of a Lion.
Click "About" above to hide this text again
Click here to read or add your own Corbin Kentucky Lion’s Chase 5K Obstacle Race 2015 reviews
Registration:Visit Event Website
This event has passed, registration is closed.
Cost & Pricing:
|$45||June 17, 2015|
|$50||July 8, 2015|
|$55||August 12, 2015|
|$60||August 29, 2015|
|$65||September 9, 2015|
|$80||Race Day Registration|
What You Get / What's Included:
- Custom Lion’s Chase finisher medal
- Post-race snack and water
- Lion’s Chase race bib
1. Hay Bale Hurtle #1- Jump over a 6ft tall and 6ft wide hay bale with a 20 ft. running start.
2. Hay Bale Hurtle #2- Jump over a 6ft tall and 6ft wide hay bale with a 20 ft. running start.
3. Hay Bale Hurtle #3- Jump over a 6ft tall and 6ft wide hay bale with a 20 ft. running start.
4. Log Jump #1 – Jump over a large log lying on the ground.
5. Log Jump #2 – Jump over a large log lying on the ground.
6. Log Jump #3 – Jump over a large log lying on the ground.
7. Log Hurdle – Jump over a 3ft. high log wall hurtle.
8. Mud Pit – Wade through a muddy pit.
9. Creek Jump- Jump over or run through the creek.
10. Tractor Tire Flip- Flip a large tractor tire three times.
11. Lion’s Tail- Climb up a sheer rock wall approximately 25 feet high with the assistance of a rope secured at the top of the wall.
12. Log Over / Under- Crawl under and over 20 logs laying across a creek bed.
13. Sisyphus’ Boulder Carry- Carry a boulder up and down a designated circle path, and then return the boulder to its original point of origin.
14. Log Hurdle- Jump over a 3ft. high log wall hurtle.
15. Log Wall Climb- Climb over a wall approximately 15 feet high. This wall will have logs to be used for hand and foot holds.
16. Cargo Net Climb-Climb up and over a cargo net suspended between two trees.
17. Incline Climb- Climb up a steep incline.
18. Log Bridge- Navigate across a log bridge over a ravine.
19. View From the Top- As you emerge from the forest and enter the logging area your will see a view that is Breath Taking! Although not as breath taking as the hill you are about to climb!
20. Log Hurdle #1 – Jump over a 3ft. high log wall hurtle.
21. Log Hurdle #2 – Jump over a 3ft. high log wall hurtle.
22. Tunnel Crawl- Crawl under a 3ft wide, 2ft high, and 15ft long wooden structure through dirt and mud.
23. Moguls of Misery- Climb up and down a series of dirt moguls that will leave your lungs and calves burning.
24. Lion’s Grip- Maneuver across 5 triangle grips suspended 9ft about a 4ft deep pool of water.
25. Lion’s Den - Crawl through a 3ft wide, 3ft deep, 30 ft long ditch filled with mud and water. Barb wire is suspended overhead.
26. Sand Bag Carry- Carry a sand bag up and down a designated circle path, and then return the sand bag to its original point of origin.
27. Rope Crawl- Maneuver across a 25ft rope suspended 9ft about a 4ft deep pool of water using your hands and feet.
28. More Moguls of Misery- Climb up and down a series of dirt moguls.
29. Lion’s Ladder- Ascend up a 12ft chain ladder ring a cowbell at the top and then come back down the same side.
30. Lion’s Water Way- Cross a pond on a floating path.
31. Lion’s Bridge- Cross a pond on a wire suspended 3ft above the water for your feet and another rope suspended 9ft above the water for your hands.
32. Log Carry- Carry a log up and down a designated circle path, and then return the log to its original point of origin.
33. Log Cross- Walk or run if you dare across a 15ft log suspended over a rocky creek.
34. Rope Swing- Swing on a rope across a 15ft span over a rocky creek.
35. Lion’s Fence- Climb over a 15ft wall. This wall is suspended between two trees and will have slats to be used for hand and foot holds.
36. Creek Jump- Jump over or run through the creek.
37. Slanted Rock Climb- Climb up a Slippery Rock that is Slanted at a 45 degree angle.
38. Chest High Beam Climb- Climb over a beam that is 5ft off the ground.
39. Lion’s Bars- Maneuver across 15ft of monkey bars suspended 9ft over a rocky creek.
40. Ramp Up- Run up a steep incline and ramp up for the finish. Everyone will be watching you after this obstacle, so use it to ramp up and finish strong.
41. Tunnel Crawl- Crawl under a 3ft wide, 2ft high, and 15ft long wooden structure through dirt and mud.
42. Climbing Wall- Climb up a 15ft high flat wall with the assistance of wooden hand holds. The back side will have slats across for an easy climb down.
43. Lion’s Fence- Climb over a 15ft wall. This wall will have slats to be used for hand and foot holds.
Obstacles, location, and course are subject to change
Three Aid Stations with water and EMS
The awards ceremony will take place at 3:00pm on race day recognizing the day's:
Top 3 overall male and female participants. (Overall Winners are not eligible for age division awards)
Top 3 males and females in each age division.
Best costume contest.
Age division awards are determined based on one's age on race day. All awards are based on the official net time.
Best Team Costume
1st Place Men's Team
1st Place Women's Team
1st Place Co-Ed Team
1st Place Church Team Division
1st Place Relay for Life Team Division
1st Place Work Group Division
1st Place Overall: First place overall will win a custom engraved Lion's Chase Sword with Lion Head Hilt and display case.
Top Three Overall: The top three overall times for both males and females win a custom engraved Lion trophy and other prizes.
Age Division Winners
The 1st place finisher from each age division will win a custom engraved plaque. The 2nd and 3rd place finishers from each age division will win a framed personalized Lion's Chase certificate.
Individual and Team Costumes
Costumes are highly encouraged! Contestants will be voted on by race staff and judged as the day goes on. The best costume wins a custom engraved plaque.
The 1st place team in each division will receive a custom engraved Lion's Chase Plaque.
Spectators are welcome to join the event, probably get a big mud hug and watch the course and some obstacles in the spectator viewing area all at no cost. The more the merrier!
The cost of parking is $10. Please have cash ready. Car-pooling is highly encouraged.
Parking is on site with NO SHUTTLES!!!
Lion’s Chase is a Faith Based organization that partners with local organizations to raise funds for worthy causes.
The upcoming Lion's Chase in Corbin, KY will donate a portion of the entry fee proceeds to Relay For Life of Corbin and the American Cancer Society. Relay For Life funds cancer research and provides hope for those who are battling this terrible disease.
Teams can be as large as you would like and team members do not have to start during the same flight. You just need a minimum of 5 members to compete in the team competition. A total team time will be generated by averaging the top 5 individual times.
Coupons / Discount Codes:
Please see our obstacle course race discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, discount codes, and coupon codes for Corbin Kentucky Lion’s Chase 5K Obstacle Race 2015. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.