September 09, 2017
Falls River Farms
https://www.mudrunguide.com/event/corbin-kentucky-lions-chase-obstacle-race-2017/ Falls River Farms, 11220 Cumberland Falls HWY, Corbin, KY, United States Lions Chase firstname.lastname@example.org use-title true MM/DD/YYYY
Race Start Time:
8:30am is the first wave.
Waves start every 15 minutes until 11am.
Venue:Falls River Farms
11220 Cumberland Falls HWY
Corbin, KY, United States - View Map
Distance & Course Length:
Organizer:Lions Chase Lion’s Chase is an outdoor adventure obstacle course race that will test your resilience, strength, stamina, quick decision making skills, ability to laugh in the face of adversity, and heart! If you have tried trail races, mud runs, or a warrior dash, it's time to see if you truly have the heart of a Lion.
Click "About" above to hide this text again
Click here to read or add your own Corbin Kentucky Lion’s Chase Obstacle Race 2017 reviews
Registration:Visit Event Website
This event has passed, registration is closed.
Cost & Pricing:
|$40||May 23, 2017|
|$45||June 14, 2017|
|$50||July 15, 2017|
|$55||August 9, 2017|
|$60||August 23, 2017|
|$65||September 6, 2017|
|$80||Race Day Registration|
What You Get / What's Included:
- Race bib
- Sponsors goodies
The most difficult obstacles at Lion’s Chase will have 2 paths for a runner to choose from Running to Win or Running to Survive
Running to Win- This path is for participants who are running for time and hope to win an individual or team prize.
Running to Survive- This path is for participants who are just trying to complete the Lion’s Chase and would not mind a brief rest.
1. Hay Bale Hurtle #1- Jump over a 6ft tall and 6ft wide hay bale with a 20 ft. running start.
2. Hay Bale Hurtle #2- Jump over a 6ft tall and 6ft wide hay bale with a 20 ft. running start.
3. Hay Bale Hurtle #3- Jump over a 6ft tall and 6ft wide hay bale with a 20 ft. running start.
4. Log Jump #1 – Jump over a large log lying on the ground.
5. Log Jump #2 – Jump over a large log lying on the ground.
6. Log Jump #3 – Jump over a large log lying on the ground.
7. Spike Wall Crawl Under – Crawl through mud under a 2ft high spike wall.
8. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
9. Balance Beam- Walk across four 4inch wide beams suspended 2ft from the ground.
10. Creek Jump- Jump over or run through the creek.
11. Tractor Tire Flip- Flip a large tractor tire three times.
12. Spike Wall Crawl Under – Crawl under a 2ft high spike wall.
13. Lion’s Tail- Climb up a sheer rock wall approximately 25 feet high with the assistance of a rope secured at the top of the wall.
14. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
15. Log Over / Under- Crawl under and over 15 logs laying across a creek bed.
16. Sisyphus’ Boulder Carry- Carry a boulder up and down a designated circle path, and then return the boulder to its original point of origin.
17. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
18. Ladder 45- Climb up a 45 degree ladder then jump off 4ft to the ground.
19. Log Hurdle- Jump over a 3ft. high log wall hurtle.
20. Cargo Net Climb-Climb up and over a cargo net suspended between two trees.
21. Incline Climb- Climb up a steep incline.
22. Shelob's Web – Navigate through a Web of Para Cords.
23. Ravine Jump - Jump over a ravine.
24. Steep Hill Climb - Climb up a steep hill with the assistance of a rope.
25. View From the Top- As you emerge from the forest and enter the logging area your will see a view that is Breath Taking! Although not as breath taking as the hill you are about to climb!
26. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
27. Moguls of Misery- Climb up and down a series of dirt moguls that will leave your lungs and calves burning.
28. Parrallel Wall Climb- Maneuver across a parallel wall suspended above a pool of water.
29. Trench Jump - Jump over or climb in and out of six 4 ft deep trenches.
30. Lion’s Den - Crawl through a 3ft wide, 3ft deep, 30 ft long ditch filled with mud and water with barb wire is suspended overhead.
31. Sand Bag Carry- Carry a sand bag up and down a designated circle path, and then return the sand bag to its original point of origin.
32. Rope Crawl- Maneuver across a 25ft rope suspended 9ft above a pool of water using your hands and feet.
33. More Moguls of Misery- Climb up and down a series of dirt moguls.
34. Rope Climb- Ascend up a 12ft climbing rope and ring a cowbell at the top.
35. Lion’s Bridge- Cross a pond on a wire suspended 3ft above the water for your feet and another rope suspended 9ft above the water for your hands.
36. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
37. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
38. Log Carry- Carry a log up and down a designated circle path, and then return the log to its original point of origin.
39. Log Cross- Walk or run if you dare across a 15ft log suspended over a rocky creek.
40. Rope Swing- Swing on a rope across a 15ft span over a rocky creek.
41. Lion’s Fence- Climb over a 15ft wall. This wall is suspended between two trees and will have slats to be used for hand and foot holds.
42. Creek Jump- Jump over or run through the creek.
43. Slanted Rock Climb- Climb up a Slippery Rock that is slanted at a 45 degree angle.
44. Chest High Beam Climb- Climb over a beam that is 5ft off the ground.
45. Lion’s Rings- Maneuver across 15ft of rings suspended 9ft over a rocky creek.
46. Log Pull – Pull a log from the ground up to a log suspended 10ft. in the air.
47. Ramp Up- Run up a steep incline and ramp up for the finish. Everyone will be watching you after this obstacle, so use it to ramp up and finish strong.
48. Tunnel Crawl- Crawl under a 3ft wide, 2ft high, and 15ft long wooden structure through dirt and mud.
49. Climbing Wall- Climb up a 15ft high flat wall with the assistance of wooden hand holds. The back side will have slats across for an easy climb down.
50. Lion’s Fence- Climb over a 15ft wall. This wall will have slats to be used for hand and foot holds.
During the race, there will be three water stations throughout the race course. Water will be available after you cross the finish line.
1st Place Overall: First place overall will win a custom engraved Lion's Chase Sword with Lion Head Hilt and display case.
Top Three Overall: The top three overall times for both males and females win a custom engraved Lion trophy and other prizes.
Age Division Winners: The 1st place finisher from each age division will win a custom engraved plaque. The 2nd and 3rd place finishers from each age division will win a framed personalized Lion's Chase certificate.
Individual and Team Costumes: Costumes are highly encouraged! Contestants will be voted on by race staff and judged as the day goes on. The best costume wins a custom engraved plaque.
Team Awards: The 1st place team in each division will receive a custom engraved Lion's Chase Plaque.
We love having folks come watch. We know our Lions love having family and friends with them on race day, to watch them on the hunt and cheer them on. Spectators are welcome to join the event, probably get a big mud hug and watch the course and some obstacles in the spectator viewing area all at no cost. The more the merrier!
The cost of parking is $10. Please have cash ready. Carpooling is highly encouraged. Parking is on site with NO SHUTTLES!!!
The Lion’s Chase will take place within the wooded and open trails. The terrain will be dirt, gravel, grass, and of course some mud. It is challenging, but all trails will be wide enough for walkers if you need to take a break.
There will be a number of course monitors and medical folks throughout the course. We want this to be a SAFE and FUN event and if anyone can’t continue, we will promptly get them back to the post-race area.
Remember, no outside food or drinks will be allowed. Security will be enforcing the area.
Teams can be as large as you would like and team members do not have to start during the same flight. You just need a minimum of 5 members to compete in the team competition. A total team time will be generated by averaging the top 5 individual times.
Go to www.lionschase.com and click “Register now” on the left side of the page. After selecting your flight and t-shirt size, select “create a team” from the dropdown. You can then identify the captain and a password if desired. Teams without a password will be free to join by other participants and an email will be sent to the captain after any new team members have registered.
Coupons / Discount Codes:
Please see our obstacle course race discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, discount codes, and coupon codes for Corbin Kentucky Lion’s Chase Obstacle Race 2017. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.