September 14, 2019
Falls River Farms
https://www.mudrunguide.com/event/corbin-kentucky-lions-chase-obstacle-race-2019/ Falls River Farms, 11220 Cumberland Falls HWY, Corbin, KY, United States Lions Chase firstname.lastname@example.org use-title true MM/DD/YYYY
Race Start Time:
Heats start at 8:30am. Heats start every 15 minutes until the last heat at 11:00am
Venue:Falls River Farms
11220 Cumberland Falls HWY
Corbin, KY, United States - View Map
Distance & Course Length:
Organizer:Lions Chase Lion’s Chase is an outdoor adventure obstacle course race that will test your resilience, strength, stamina, quick decision making skills, ability to laugh in the face of adversity, and heart! If you have tried trail races, mud runs, or a warrior dash, it's time to see if you truly have the heart of a Lion.
Click "About" above to hide this text again
Click here to read or add your own Corbin Kentucky Lion’s Chase Obstacle Race 2019 reviews
Registration:Visit Event Website
This event has passed, registration is closed.
Cost & Pricing:
|$40||May 22, 2019|
|$45||June 12, 2019|
|$50||July 3, 2019|
|$55||August 14, 2019|
|$60||August 28, 2019|
|$65||September 11, 2019|
|$80||Race Day Registration|
What You Get / What's Included:
- Lion’s Chase T-shirt
- Custom Lion’s Chase Finishers Medal
- Post-race snack and water
- Lion’s Chase race bib
1. Tire Hurdle #1- Jump over a 6ft tall tire hurdle with a 20 ft. running start.
2. Tire Hurdle #1- Jump over a 6ft tall tire hurdle with a 20 ft. running start.
3. Tire Hurdle #1- Jump over a 6ft tall tire hurdle with a 20 ft. running start.
4. Log Jump #1 – Jump over a large log lying on the ground.
5. Log Jump #2 – Jump over a large log lying on the ground.
6. Log Jump #3 – Jump over a large log lying on the ground.
7. Spike Wall Crawl Under – Crawl through mud under a 2ft high spike wall.
8. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
9. Balance Beam- Walk across four 4inch wide beams suspended 1ft from the ground.
10. Creek Jump- Jump over or run through a creek.
11. Tractor Tire Flip- Flip a large tractor tire three times.
12. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
13. Tire Wall Climb – Climb over a 6ft tire wall.
14. Lion’s Tail- Climb up a sheer rock wall approximately 25 feet high with the assistance of a rope secured at the top of the wall.
15. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
16. Log Over / Under- Crawl under and over 15 logs laying across a creek bed.
17. Sisyphus’ Boulder Carry- Carry a concrete block up and down a designated circle path, and then return the concrete block to its original point of origin.
18. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
19. Ladder 45- Climb up a 45 degree ladder then jump off 4ft to the ground.
20. Log Hurdle- Jump over a 3ft. high log wall hurtle.
21. Cargo Net Climb-Climb up a cargo net suspended between two trees and ring the bell at the top.
22. Incline Climb- Climb up a steep incline.
23. Ravine Jump- Jump over a ravine.
24. Incline Climb- Climb up a steep incline.
25. View From the Top- As you emerge from the forest and enter the logging area your will see a view that is Breath Taking!
26. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
27. Moguls of Misery- Climb up and down a series of dirt moguls that will leave your lungs and calves burning.
28. Parallel Wall Climb- Maneuver across a parallel wall suspended above a pool of water.
29. Trench Jump – Jump over or climb in and out of six 4ft deep trenches.
30. Lion’s Den - Crawl through a 3ft wide, 3ft deep, 30 ft long ditch filled with mud and water with barb wire is suspended overhead.
31. Sand Bag Carry- Carry a sand bag up and down a designated circle path, and then return the sand bag to its original point of origin.
32. Rope Crawl- Maneuver across a 25ft rope suspended 9ft above a pool of water using your hands and feet.
33. More Moguls of Misery- Climb up and down a series of dirt moguls.
34. Rope Climb- Ascend up a 12ft climbing rope and ring a cowbell at the top.
35. Lion’s Bridge- Cross a pond on a wire suspended 3ft above the water for your feet and another rope suspended 9ft above the water for your hands.
36. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
37. Lion's Podium - Climb over a 5ft wall onto a platform, over a 4ft wall onto a 10ft platform, and then down the backside of the podium.
38. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
39. Log Carry- Carry a log up and down a designated circle path, and then return the log to its original point of origin.
40. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
41. Tire Wall Climb – Climb over a 4ft tire wall.
42. Log Cross- Walk or run if you dare across a 15ft log suspended over a rocky creek.
43. Steep Decline- Climb down a steep bank into a creek.
44. Creek Run - Run through a creek for 100 yards.
45. Lion’s Fence- Climb over a 10ft wall. This wall is suspended between two trees and will have slats to be used for hand and foot holds.
46. Tire Run – High step through 40 yards of tires.
47. Creek Jump- Jump over or run through the creek.
48. Slanted Rock Climb- Climb up a Slippery Rock that is slanted at a 45 degree angle.
49. Chest High Beam Climb- Climb over a beam that is 5ft off the ground.
50. Tire Run – High step through 40 yards of tires.
51. Lion’s Rings- Maneuver across 15ft of rings suspended 9ft over a rocky creek.
52. Log Pull – Pull a log from the ground up to a log suspended 10ft. in the air.
53. Ramp Up- Run up a steep incline and ramp up for the finish. Everyone will be watching you after this obstacle, so use it to ramp up and finish strong.
54. Tunnel Crawl- Crawl under a 3ft wide, 2ft high, and 15ft long wooden structure through dirt and mud.
55. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
56. Climbing Wall- Climb up a 15ft high flat wall with the assistance of wooden hand holds. The back side will have slats across for an easy climb down
57. Lion Bars- Go through a set of monkey bars.
58. Lion’s Fence- Climb over a 15ft wall. This wall will have slats to be used for hand and foot holds.
During the race, there will be three water stations throughout the race course. Water will be available after you cross the finish line. Remember, no outside food or drinks will be allowed. Security will be enforcing the area.
The awards ceremony will take place at 5:00pm on race day.
Top 3 overall male and female participants. (Overall Winners are not eligible for age division awards)
Top 3 males and females in each age division.
Best costume contest.
Age division awards are determined based on one's age on race day.
All awards are based on the official net time.
Best Team Costume
1st Place Men's Team
1st Place Women's Team
1st Place Co-Ed Team
1st Place Church Team Division
1st Place Relay for Life Team Division
1st Place Work Group Division
1st Place Overall: First place overall will win a custom engraved Lion's Chase Sword with Lion Head Hilt and display case.
Top Three Overall: The top three overall times for both males and females win a custom engraved Lion trophy and other prizes.
Age Division Winners: The 1st place finisher from each age division will win a custom engraved plaque. The 2nd and 3rd place finishers from each age division will win a framed personalized Lion's Chase certificate.
Individual and Team Costumes: Costumes are highly encouraged! Contestants will be voted on by race staff and judged as the day goes on. The best costume wins a custom engraved plaque.
Team Awards: The 1st place team in each division will receive a custom engraved Lion's Chase Plaque.
We love having folks come watch. We know our Lions love having family and friends with them on race day, to watch them on the hunt and cheer them on. Spectators are welcome to join the event, probably get a big mud hug and watch the course and some obstacles in the spectator viewing area all at NO COST. The more the merrier!
The cost of parking is $10. Please have cash ready. Car-pooling is highly encouraged. Parking is on site with NO SHUTTLES!!!
Additional drinks, clothing, merchandise, and food items will be available for purchase on race day.
Finishing the Lion’s Chase is more about mental toughness than being in great shape. The course is 3.1 miles of pure fun. You can walk or run. You can be an avid runner, or just someone looking to have a fun day with friends. The obstacles will be challenging, but FUN and if you can’t complete any of them, there will be an alternate exercise which will take more time but be less demanding physically. Our goal is to have a great time and we believe folks of all sorts can tackle the Lion’s Chase!
The Lion’s Chase will take place within the wooded and open trails. The terrain will be dirt, gravel, grass, and of course some mud. It is challenging, but all trails will be wide enough for walkers if you need to take a break.
As for the obstacles, there will be walls, crawling, jumping, and climbing. You might find yourself running through a creek or swimming in a pond. Each obstacle will have an alternate exercise, so if a participant doesn’t think they can pull it off, they can perform the alternate exercise which will take more time but be less demanding physically.
Lastly, there will be a number of course monitors and medical folks throughout the course. We want this to be a SAFE and FUN event and if anyone can’t continue, we will promptly get them back to the post-race area.
Lion's Chase is an individual race. Each participant will be timed individually. The team element is an added bonus for those who would like to run together or have their times compiled to compete in the team competition.
Teams can be as large as you would like and team members do not have to start during the same flight. You just need a minimum of 5 members to compete in the team competition. A total team time will be generated by averaging the top 5 individual times.
Coupons / Discount Codes:
Please see our obstacle course race discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, discount codes, and coupon codes for Corbin Kentucky Lion’s Chase Obstacle Race 2019. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.