April 16, 2016
Hillcrest Wine and Olive Farm
https://www.mudrunguide.com/event/saturday-cape-town-south-africa-grind-quarry-2016/ Hillcrest Wine and Olive Farm, Tygerberg Hills, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa The Grind firstname.lastname@example.org use-title true MM/DD/YYYY
Race Start Time:
Event runs from 7am to 7pm with the last batch scheduled to run at 4pm
Venue:Hillcrest Wine and Olive Farm
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa - View Map
Distance & Course Length:
Organizer:The Grind ITS TIME TO EMBRACE THE GRIND!
After months of planning THE Grind is finally here and we want you to be at our inaugural event!
Every day we work our butts off in our own daily grind, it does not matter if you are a teenager at school, or a plumber or a CEO of a major corporation we all grind daily. THE GRIND - Obstacle Course Race has been created for everyone, we offer a unique spectator friendly experience for everyone from corporate fun seekers to fitness enthusiasts and elite athletes.
Click "About" above to hide this text again
Reviews:No reviews yet for Cape Town South Africa The Grind at the Quarry 2016. Click here to be the first!
Registration:Visit Event Website
This event has passed, registration is closed.
Cost & Pricing:
|5K Cost||8K Cost||Until|
What You Get / What's Included:
- Goodie bag
- Finishers photo (8K)
We like to keep things simple, fun and challenging so we have 3 race options that cater to all:
THE RAPID GRIND 5km: 18 to 20 obstacles over a easier course but still challenging.
THE DEEP GRIND 8km: 25 to 30 obstacles over challenging terrain
THE DEEP GRIND ELITE 8km – 25 to 30 obstacles over challenging terrain suited to ELITE competitors
THE LITTLE G: 1km – 7 obstacle whippersnapper course to keep the kids entertained and hopefully get them hooked on THE GRIND
We have selected Hillcrest Wine and Olive Farm as our venue for its amazing spectator area allowing a uninterrupted view of the final 8 obstacles which are locate in and around the water in the quarry, expect some amazing water crossings and never before seen obstacles.
The Rapid Grind 5km has been designed with first timers in mind and is a great introduction to Obstacle Course Racing, it will be challenging but achievable.
The Deep Grind 8km and ELITE will loop off of the 5km course and includes some very difficult inclines and terrain- although the course is 8km long you must not be fooled - this one will be tough.
Fruit and Water at refreshment stands. Full paramedic team on site. Lifeguards at all water obstacles
Women – 1st R10000, 2nd R5000.00, 3rd R2500.00, 4th R1000.00, 5th R500.00
Men – 1st R10000, 2nd R5000.00, 3rd R2500.00, 4th R1000.00, 5th R500.00
Free for spectators with designated viewing areas. No spectator access in the farm lands.
Post event party is open to spectators and competitors
Parking lots are off site but The Grind will provide shuttles to and from the venue running every 5 minutes during peak hours 6am to 10am and then every 10 minutes after
Plenty of food vendors will be on site with a DJ open bar in the evening
What to Bring:
• ID and registration number – If you did not pick up your packet at the Saturday Retailer, you will need your ID for Packet Pickup at the venue
• Change of Clothes and a Towel – There will be changing areas and rinse-off stations onsite for participants
• Camping/Lawn Chair(s) – Hang out and enjoy post-race food and music and watch everyone complete the final 8 obstacles in around the Quarry
• Cash – There will be The Grind Merchandise for sale onsite as well as onsite vendors selling food and refreshments. You won’t want to miss out!
• A couple of bin bags to put the muddy and wet items in after the event
• Gopro or waterproof camera – WE WANT TO SEE YOUR PICS AND VIDS
What to wear:
• Light and Tight: wear clothing that will not become water logged easily, cotton sweaters and thicker fabrics can hold a lot of water and tire you out. Tighter clothing stops mud from getting where you don’t want it consider spandex and compression clothing
• There are shoes and there are shoes: All you really need is a pair of running shoes but if you are more competitive we suggest a good pair of trail running shoes. Be sure to lace up tight you don’t want to lose a shoe in the mud.
• Make sure you bring warm clothing for after the event.
Individual competitors and teams are welcome!
Coupons / Discount Codes:
Please see our obstacle course race discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, discount codes, and coupon codes for Cape Town South Africa The Grind at the Quarry 2016. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.