Announcing the Mud Run Guide Summer Race Series 2013!
How many races CAN YOU DO between Memorial Day and Labor Day?
What types of races? ANY RACE*, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! (*5k or longer, see Points below!)
Dates: May 24 to Sept 3 (Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day Weekend)
Object: Individuals or teams accumulate points by completing as many races as possible during that time.
Individuals: Any male or female over 16 years of age who is a member of Mud Run Guide Facebook group.
Teams: Form a team with up to 10 co-workers, family, friends… whoever's crazy enough to join you. Team roster must be completed by May 24 and posted to Mud Run Guide Facebook group with your team's name. All team members must be members of the facebook group. EACH member accrues their OWN points, those points go to you as an individual and to your team! (Technically, you could win both categories with the right team!)
Swag: All registered entrants get a medal, T-shirt, Official certificate & facebook badge plus chances to win bonus prizes/drawings for free race entries, etc.
Prizes: Cool prizes from OCR Gear, Ryders Eyewear, Spira Shoes, Tuff Enough, JetFlow Hydration and more along with monster bragging rights and some '13 & '14 race entries will go to:
- Top Overall Male
- Top Overall Female
A sweet 2013 Summer Race Series trophy & certificates showing how awesome you are will go to the:
- Top Overall Team
Scoring: Each race has a point “score” based on the chart below. Any event (start & finish line, registration required, etc.) counts: Mud Run, OCR, road race, bubble, foam fest, electric race, 5k, 10k, 13.1, 26.2, triathlon, etc.
|1||5k-4.9 miles||Spartan Sprint, Muddy Buddy, Scavenger Dash, 5k Road Race (Electric Run, foam fest, color run, etc.), Sprint Triathlon|
|2||5-11.9 miles||Super Spartan, 10k Road Race (Turkey Trot, Jungle Bell Jam, Sun Run, etc.), Olympic Triathlon, Alpha Warrior, Urbanathlon|
|3||12-26.1 miles||Tough Mudder, Spartan Beast, Iron Warrior Dash 1/2 Marathon|
|4||26.2- 31 miles (50k)||Any road or trail marathon, Half Ironman/70.3 triathlon|
|5||“Ultra” 50k+||Any road or trail ultramarathon, Spartan Ultra Beast, World's Toughest Mudder, Ironman/140.6 triathlon|
(more about scoring in the FAQ's below)
Score & Ranking Online: Post your photo after each event and every Friday, the leaderboard will be updated (https://www.mudrunguide.com/summer-race-series-2013/) and top 3 Individuals & Teams will be posted to the Mud Run Guide Facebook group.
- You must be a member of Mud Run Guide Facebook group to participate. Why?
- Any “real” event counts: Mud Run, OCR, road race (5k, 10k, 13.1, 26.2, 50k), bubble bash, foam fest, color run, triathlon, etc. as long as it has a start & finish line, is at least 5k (3.1 miles) in length (with some exceptions).
- Register for these events as you would normally; you may use the links from mudrunguide.com's race series page or navigate to any event website. We (Mud Run Guide) are not putting on these events – you will be participating in established races maintained by other race companies and need to go through their registration process, rules, etc.
- In order to prove your race completion and get credit, you MUST upload a photo to Mud Run Guide Facebook group of you standing at the finish line with your bib # visible, include the name and date of the event.
- EACH team member must upload a picture of themselves.
- Registration for Summer Series 2013 has to be completed before May 23 11:59:59 pm PT.
- Team roster (Max 10 team members) has to be completed and posted to the Mud Run Guide Facebook group before May 23 11:59:59 pm PT.
- All races must be completed and photo uploaded before September 2 at 11:59:59 pm PT.
Q: Do team members have to be in the same area and do the same races as I do?
A: No, absolutely not! You can put together a team with up to 10 racers from all over the globe! Pick someone from the Facebook Group or get your buddies to join – no matter where they are!
Q: What's the deal with points/distance? What about really intense events with a shorter course?
A: Some difficulty will be factored in to score – for instance, Alpha Warrior is worth 2 points despite the distance, WTM & Spartan Ultra Beast are worth 5… but those ain't till the Winter Series anyway.
Q: How many points is my race worth? It doesn't match up with your examples in the Scoring chart.
A: If you have any questions about the score for your particular race, post a link to the event website on the Mud Run Guide Facebook group and we will review & give you a final determination of the points for completing it. Brett, Kristen & Chris' decision is final.
Q: I don't have a lot of events in my area during the summer months, why would I join?
- Remember, ALL events 5k & longer are worth points; you may be surprised at the expanded list, as races of all types are being added every day.
- Also, you can compete against friends, co-workers, or relatives to get as many points as you can – you don't need to win the whole contest to be a winner!
- Use the Summer Series as motivation for “practice” to get fitter so you can do better in the fall/winter series!
- Plan a trip – heck, take a lot of weekend trips to go to races in other areas around the world!
Q: Does it have to be a Mud Run or OCR?
A: Nope, ANY race 5k or longer – road, trail, mud, bubble, foam, electric, color, zombie – whatever! Get out there and check out as many events as you possibly can!