Bermuda Triple Challenge 2020 – Friday, March 13,14 and 15, 2020
Registration is now open, save 25% w/code MRG25 now! – Register for Bermuda Triple Challenge 2020
Return to Paradise in – 3 Awesome OCRs, 1 Great Experience!
The MRG co-founders Chris & Brett took on the 2018 & 2019 Bermuda Triple Challenge and learned it's not just about the races – the entire weekend was filled with adventure on this gorgeous, friendly gem in the Atlantic. This OCR race-cation in paradise was an eye-opener in many ways with three dramatically different events taking place in three distinct areas of the island, athletes interact and experience all Bermuda has to offer.
The three events of Bermuda Triple Challenge are so dramatically different from each other and encompass so much of Bermuda into every single element that you feel as if you've touched and experienced the entire island. Once the weekend is over, you've interacted with so much of the island, you no longer feel like a traveler just visiting a destination, but more of an adventurer who captured the essence of the wild untamed beauty of Bermuda's nature, conquered all the obstacles nestled into the neighborhoods of downtown St. George, and bested the challenges waiting around every turn in the Royal Naval Dockyard. You'll return home with a satisfyingly complete picture of Bermuda, which makes you want to return even more. – Brett Stewart, Bermuda Triple Challenge: A Racecation in Paradise
Obstacle Course Racing is rough, gritty and challenging, but who says you can't also enjoy 5-star accommodations, delicious food & drinks, unbelievable scenery including pink sandy beaches and crystal clear water and a family-friendly OCR-vacation all at the same time? Compete as an individual or bring along 4 other athletes or family members to complete your team! Brett, Chris, and Kristen from MRG will be on-hand again in 2019 to participate in the Bermuda Triple Challenge along with you!
Bermuda Triple Challenge is all this – and much, much, more. A quick flight from the eastern US coast (NY, Atlanta, Washington, Boston, Miami, etc.) and you're immersed in a 21-square-mile Atlantic island that's big on history, personality and charm, eclectic island culture of vibrant neighborhoods, pink-sand beaches and historic forts. Need more adventure than three OCRs? Book some extra vacation and enjoy aquatic adventures such as shipwreck scuba diving, cliff jumping and deep-sea fishing! Bermuda is a family-friendly paradise with so much to do and explore, BTC is the perfect time to check out this amazing island and check “ultimate OCR vacation” off your list at the same time!
Three Days, Three Races, 75+ Obstacles, and One Amazing Vacation!
The three-day obstacle course series showcases three of Bermuda’s beautiful, historical and cultural venues. Each day’s individual or team challenge offers a 3-10K challenge with varying obstacles suitable for all levels of fitness, challenging both strength and stamina for ages 13 and up.
- 1. Friday, March 13 – Race 1: Town of St. George – 7:00 PM
- The Argus Urban Foot Race and its urban obstacle course is the first of the weekend’s three events. The first wave begins at dusk at 7:00pm and participants will navigate some of the town’s as well as Bermuda’s oldest streets, while tackling urban inspired obstacles and Crossfit workouts along the way. This 3KM urban challenge emulates speed and agility as participants tackle 27 obstacles throughout the urban assault course.
- After the event, stick around and enjoy the party atmosphere in the historic town. DJ Dan Ho livens up the atmosphere in a community block party.
- 2. Saturday, March 14 – Race 2: South Shore Beaches – 8:40 AM
- Staged within Bermuda’s south shore coastal nature reserve and hosted by the Royal Bermuda Regiment at their Warwick Camp facility, the Sun Life Island Challenge is a picturesque 5K or 10K Boot Camp training test, featuring some of Bermuda’s best pink sand beaches, coastal bluffs and nature trails. And to put the exclamation mark on the event, a visit to the Royal Bermuda Regiment’s Assault Course with military style obstacles at their Warwick Camp, perched atop the sand dunes overlooking the south shore.
- Stick around afterwards for the relaxing Royal Bermuda Regiment and Butterfield & Vallis Family Style BBQ on the Bermuda Regiment’s Officer’s Mess lawn. Participants receive one complimentary plate of food. Additional plates can be purchased with a $5 donation towards the Bermuda Triple Challenge’s charity partners.
- 3. Sunday, March 15 – Race 3: Royal Naval Dockyard – 9:45 AM
- Chubb Royal Challenge is a 5K obstacle assault within the confines of the once Royal Navy outpost and safe harbour. Now a tourism hot spot, participants will ambush the old base lands in a high energy, action packed circuit exploring the old stone buildings, wharves and fortifications.
- To celebrate all our amazing athletes there will be a participant appreciation brunch immediately following the Chubb Royal Challenge. Sponsored by Buzz and Butterfield & Vallis, and will be located in the Victualling Yard, and commences as the first racers come through the finish line.
Complete BTC as an Individual or a Team, Race Competitively or for Charity!
Compete as an Individual or in a Team of 2-5 for the $1000 top prize based on the quickest cumulative time from the Bermuda Triple Challenge Weekend.
To be eligible for prizes and collect all 3 parts of the BTC finisher's medal, participants must complete the Bermuda Triple Challenge, all three days and courses. Obstacles may not skipped. If the obstacle cannot be completed, penalty Superman Burpees will be assessed. Two laps of Saturday’s 5Km Sun Life Island Challenge course are mandatory.
Earn your Obstacle Wildcards!
Not all about Blood, Sweat & Tears! Aid Bermuda's youth-based charities – who volunteer and marshall the weekend's courses – and receive a “Wildcard” used to skip certain obstacles through fundraising. Each $500 increment earns up to three Wildcards which may be used at certain points over the weekend. Wildcards must be intact for use and carried throughout the courses. The deadline for Wildcard fundraising is Thursday, March 15 based on Individuals' and Teams' donations total within the Bermuda Triple Challenge's fundraising portal.
Competitive Division Individuals and Teams are also still eligible for the Bermuda Triple Challenge’s $1,000 Grand Prize via Bermuda Triple Challenge Points and their fundraising efforts.
BTC Individual Competition:
Individuals compete head-to-head vying for prizes and island-wide bragging rights. Top 3 male & female overall finishers of all three BTC disciplines will walk away with awesome bounty from the island, and the top overall man or woman receives free entry to next year's event to defend their title.
Individual entry fees are $200/person for all 3 events or $80/person for one event. Athletes receive a commemorative BTC tech T-Shirt and the chance to earn all 3 pieces of their finisher's medal. Each medal piece is handed out after completing the day's race, participants must finish all three races of the BTC to assemble their 3-piece medal and be eligible for awards!
BTC Team Competition:
Teams of 3 to 5 male or female athletes compete on the same course as the individuals with some augmented “team-based” surprises that we'll throw at you to keep every team member accountable for your results! Top 3 teams overall will receive some great prizes and the top overall team is granted free entry into next year's event to defend their title!
Team entry fees are $200/person for all 3 events or $80/person for one event. Athletes receive a commemorative BTC tech T-Shirt and the chance to earn all 3 pieces of their finisher's medal. Each medal piece is handed out after completing the day's race, all team members must finish all three races of the BTC to assemble their 3-piece medal and be eligible for awards!
BTC Charity Division – Do Some Good On & Off the Course!
Support our charities and get points that'll help your team on the course!
Charity Division athletes compete against one another in Teams of 2 to 5 for the Bermuda Triple Challenge $1,000 Grand Prize, based on BTC points. BTC Points are earned from completing each day’s challenge, as well as raising charitable donations/sponsorship. The quicker a team completes the course, the more points they receive and those get combined with one point for every $1 of charitable funds raised.
Teammates are encouraged to help one another complete the obstacles and courses in the quickest times possible. If a team wishes to bypass any of the obstacles, they can opt for an alternative physical challenge; superman burpees!
All the points from the weekend are then aggregated to determine the highest scoring team.
Cash & Prizes
There are (2) $1000 prizes to go along with the overall Individual and Team prizes, including free entry to next year's event for the top male, top female, and top team overall!
- $1000 for Fastest Cumulative Time
- $1000 Bermuda Triple Challenge Grand Prize based on BTC points – fastest cumulative time plus most charity points received
The Memories Will Last Forever, The Medal is Truly Epic
Complete your BTC and you'll complete the medal, each piece is one big step along the journey, and what a beautiful journey it is! Here's Margaret showing off last year's complete medal!
Travel & Lodging
Bermuda Triple Challenge's website contains all the details you need to get you there, from hotel accommodations to a flight fare checker!
The Fairmont Southampton Princess supports Per Night Moderate Room Rate: $189 plus fees & taxes. Includes complimentary continental breakfast for two guests per room and 15% discounts on other hotel food & beverage and any Willow Stream Spa treatments.