July 27, 2013
Wilderness Lake Campground
https://www.mudrunguide.com/event/new-england-zombie-run-for-your-lives-2013/ Wilderness Lake Campground, 150 Village Hill Rd, Willington, CT, United States Run For Your Lives email@example.com use-title true MM/DD/YYYY
Race Start Time:
Each wave will consist of about 500 people. Wave releases will be designed to give the participant the ultimate experience.
Venue:Wilderness Lake Campground
150 Village Hill Rd
Willington, CT, United States - View Map
Distance & Course Length:
Organizer:Run For Your Lives Run For Your Lives has gone out of business. The Zombie Run has stepped in to still put on a few of the previously scheduled events to try and help out participants. If you are looking for an upcoming Zombie Run due to Run For Your Lives being cancelled, check out The Zombie Run
Protect your brain and run for your life. This is one race where your legs giving out are the least of your problems. Run For Your Lives is a first-of-its-kind event, one part 5K, one part obstacle course, one part escaping the clutches of zombies — and all parts awesome.
Runners will navigate a series of challenging obstacles throughout a 5K course in an attempt to reach the finish line — all while avoiding zombies. At the end of this adventure race, you get to celebrate survival (or zombie transformation) with live entertainment and music, local celebrities, vendors, food, and of course, beer!
- Before the race, you will be given a flag belt, just like the overly intimidating game of flag football. These flags represent your health.
- The zombies want to take your flags and maybe eat your brains.
- If you lose all your health flags, you die. And the zombies win.
- Health bonuses will be hidden throughout the course. If you find one and carry it to the finish, it will save your life.
What You’re Up Against
- Throughout the 5K obstacle race, there will be a series of man-made and natural obstacles for you to complete. Runners may choose NOT to complete an obstacle, BUT any runner who skips an obstacle will not be eligible for prizes.
- There will be zombies. Their job is to chase you and eat you — but mainly go after your health, in the form of your flag belt. Avoid the zombies to keep your health flags.
- Use speed, strategy and your intact brains to make it to the FINISH LINE “alive” with at least ONE FLAG INTACT (or a health bonus pack). If you finish with zero health flags, this means the zombies have successfully transformed you into the “undead”; your time will be recorded, but you will not be eligible for awards.
How You’ll Do It
There will be a start line, and a finish line, but what happens in between is up to you. There are multiple routes to reach the finish. Choose wisely, or your 5k might turn into a 10k.
Click "About" above to hide this text again
Click here to read or add your own New England Zombie Run For Your Lives 2013 reviews
Use discount code RFYL13 for $5 off your registration
Registration:Visit Event Website
This event has passed, registration is closed.
Cost & Pricing:
|$67-$97||Price depends on number of tickets remaining|
We have a strict no-refund policy. However, we do honor ticket transfers prior to the registration deadline.
|Wave transfers or participant ticket transfers will not be honored after July 23, 2013. No exepctions.|
What You Get / What's Included:
- A moisture-wicking Warwear event performance tee
- One free beer (or regular drink)
- Race Medal to signify your survival (or zombie transformation)
- Access to 'Safe Zone'
- Admittance to the Apocalypse Partyrty
- Racing Bib
For each race in 2013, our medals will signify survival. An “Alive” medal will be given to all runners who successfully cross the finish line with at least one flag intact. Participants who cross the finish line with no remaining flags will receive a “Dead” medal signifying their zombie transformation.
Run For Your Lives is the world’s first interactive zombie-infested
obstacle race experience. But you’re not just running against the clock —
you’re running from brain-hungry, virus-spreading, zombies. There will be a start line, and a finish line, but what happens in between is up to you. There are multiple routes to reach the finish. Choose wisely, or your 5k might turn into a 10k.
Before the race, you will be given a flag belt, just like the overly intimidating game of flag football. These flags represent your health.
The zombies want to take your flags and maybe eat your brains.
If you lose all your health flags, you are infected with the zombie virus, and the zombies win.
Health bonuses will be hidden throughout the course. In these health packs will be extra flags. Take the flags and carry them to the finish line, but leave the health pack, it doesn’t count as a flag.
There will be a series of man-made and natural obstacles that will be physically challenging, but not impossible. The obstacles will test your strength, speed and the cooperation between you and your fellow hopeful survivors. Work as a team. There will be mud, water and maybe some blood. You will need to climb, crawl, duck and dive your way to the finish line. Oh and there will be a bunch of flesh-starved undead on your tail. Our obstacles are designed to help runners escape the zombies’ clutches, so skipping an obstacle may not be in your best favor. Runners may choose NOT to complete an obstacle, BUT any runner who skips an obstacle will not have truly survived the apocalypse.
There will be zombies. Their job is to chase you and eat you — but mainly go after your health, in the form of your flag belt. Avoid the zombies to keep your health flags.
Use speed, strategy and a solid group of your closest allies to make it to the FINISH LINE “alive” with at least ONE FLAG INTACT (or a health bonus pack). If you finish with zero health flags, this means the zombies have successfully transformed you into the “undead."
Course officials and medical staff will be present during the entire event. If you get hurt, our highly trained EMT staff will work swiftly to patch you up. Most courses will have water station.
Awards for the top 3 male and female in each age bracket
In order to qualify for placement within any division, you will need to cross the finish line with at least one health flag intact, or be in posession of a health bonus.
Due to popular demand, and in support of our charitable partner, The Kennedy Krieger Institute, we are excited to announce that we will now be opening the gates to Spectators attending any 2013 Run For Your Lives event for FREE!
All spectators will receive:
- Access to select spectator viewing areas throughout course
- Memories and/or pictures of your racing friends being scared to death
- Admittance to the Apocalypse Party
- Prime people-watching opportunities
- The best (and last) night of your life!
- The feeling of regret that you didn’t run the race
$10 per vehicle. Parking will be provided at each event. The parking location will be announced when more information is available. There will be a $10 dollar fee per vehicle. We suggest you carpool, there’s safety in numbers.
Apocalypse Party You have survived the zombie invasion (for now).
So celebrate your last night with live entertainment, celebrity appearances, games, zombie/people-watching, and much more. Food and adult beverages will be available, in addition to unique vendors and all things zombie. There will be around 15 awesome bands there… be prepared to get your groove on.
Running from zombies not your thing? You can still party like it’s the end of the world with the Apocalypse Pass
Register as a Zombie for only $35! You get:
- Professional Zombie Transformation - Our team of top-notch makeup artists and wardrobe personnel will turn you into a disgusting zombie. The entire transformation process will take about 20 minutes and will be the kick-off to one of the craziest days of your life.
- Zombie T-Shirt - All zombies will receive a special Zombie Horde T-Shirt. This Tee has been custom designed for our Zombie Horde and will not be sold or given out anywhere else.
- Discounted Race on Event Day - Every zombie will have the option of racing for an additional $45 on event day. You will receive a flag belt so you can fully experience what it’s like to switch positions on the food chain.
- Apocalypse Pass - Zombies will gain free access to the Apocalypse Party. So once you finish your shift and sign out you can go enjoy the live music, delicious food, refreshing drinks, and fun activities.
- Camping Pass - All zombies will have the option of camping at night for free. Please just refrain from eating our other campers.
- One Free Beverage (Includes Beer) - You will receive one free beverage ticket up finishing your zombie shift. What better way is there to celebrate your inevitable undead victory than by sipping on an ice cold brew.
- Snacks and Drinks at the Zombie Transformation Center (ZTC) - The ZTC will be stocked with snacks and drinks all day.
- A Race Medal - You’ll have earned it.
- Free Parking - All registered zombies will receive free parking on event day.
Our undead chasers will be transformed at our Zombie Transformation Center (ZTC). They’ll be on the course to chase you and grab your health flags. Our zombies will be fed right before the race, but please remember: Zombies will not physically contact any runner other than in attempt to pull a health flag. Direct physical contact (pulling, grabbing, pushing, striking, etc.) between zombies and runners will not be permitted. Do not taunt the zombies with your brains– that’s just plain mean.
- Direct and intentional physical contact with any runner is strictly prohibited. All of those in violation of this rule will be ineligible for your zombie perks and will be escorted off of the grounds without a refund.
- You are to never grab more than one flag from a runner.
- You are never to grab a flag from a runner if they are waiting to complete an obstacle or while on/in an obstacle.
- You must obey your zombie group leader at all times. Trust them, they will lead you to a glorious undead victory.
- Stumbler zombies are never to run and chase down a runner.
- Chaser zombies must run and chase runners during their shift.
- A zombie must complete his/her shift in order to receive the zombie perks. This includes signing in when you arrive and signing out when you have completed your shift.
- Any visibly intoxicated zombies will not be allowed to participate and will not receive any of the zombie perks.
- All zombies must be 14 years of age or older by race day in order to participate.
Gear check will be available for racers to check their belongings in during the race.
Costumes are encouraged!
You will be covered in mud, zombie guts, body parts, and other apocalyptic liquids after the race so bring a towel and change of clothing (especially socks and clean shoes to change into). We will have a “decontamination zone” and changing rooms at the event so you can clean off and enjoy yourself.
No pets are allowed into the event grounds. Not even if they’re trained to hunt zombies.
Runners must be 14 years of age or older by race day in order to participate.
We highly recommend racing with a group of trusted allies. This is the Zombie Apocalypse, remember? There are no team based awards, just the satisfaction of knowing which friends can be trusted during the end of the world and individual “dead” or “alive” medals.
Camping will be available for the night of Saturday into the morning of Sunday only.
The camping package is an additional $20 per person. This package gives each camper access to set up camp in the designated camping area within the Run For Your Lives’ race property.
Please note that only tents are allowed into the camping area– please no RVs.
Campers will be able to set up their tent in the sectioned-off, designated camping area at any time throughout the day. The camping area will expand after the racing portion of the event concludes.
Coupons / Discount Codes:
Please see our obstacle course race discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, discount codes, and coupon codes for New England Zombie Run For Your Lives 2013. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.