Rugged Maniac obstacle races, mud run, and OCR information, distance, cost, dates, calendar, discounts, obstacles, reviews, and more
|Overview||“An Epic Day of Rugged Glory”, Nationwide locations|
|Upcoming||See all upcoming events at the bottom of the page.|
|Terrain||“Rugged Gauntlet of Glory” – You’ll figure it out!|
Looking for adventure? How about a day filled with 25 epic obstacles, a crazy party, and plenty of beer? Rugged Maniac Obstacle Race has you covered! Here's how it works: Sign up for the race and you'll run our 3-mile course where you'll climb towers of shipping containers, rocket down a 50′ water slide, bounce on trampolines, jump over fire, and more!
Before and after your run, you'll get to party with thousands of other maniacs in our day-long festival where you can ride mechanical bulls, pretend to be a kid in our adult bounce houses, and dance your butt off in the festival and enjoy lots of new games and activities. As if that wasn't awesome enough, you also get a high-quality t-shirt, an awesome medal, free professional race photos, and a beer (if of legal drinking age) with your registration!
Unlike the other guys, we don't nickel and dime you with ‘insurance' and ‘processing' fees that add $30 or more to your registration cost. You'll pay the price listed on the event page plus any tax required by the man. That's it. So what are you waiting for? Reserve your preferred start
Upcoming Rugged Maniac EventsClick an event name to view the event details. Scroll past this, or click here to see the review section
- Race discount More info
- April 18, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreFlorida Rugged Maniac 2020
Florida State Fairgrounds, Tampa, FL, United States
- April 25, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreSan Francisco California Rugged Maniac 2020
Alameda County Fairgrounds, Pleasanton, CA, United States
- May 09, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreColumbus Ohio Rugged Maniac 2020
Delaware County Fairgrounds, Delaware, OH, United States
- May 16, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreLos Angeles California Rugged Maniac 2020
Castaic Lake State Recreation Area, Castaic, CA, United States
- May 23, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreKentucky Rugged Maniac 2020
Kentucky Speedway, Sparta, KY, United States
- May 30, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreKitchener Canada Rugged Maniac 2020
Chicopee Ski Resort, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
- June 06, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MorePortland Oregon Rugged Maniac 2020
Portland International Raceway, Portland, OR, United States
- June 13, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreOklahoma City Rugged Maniac 2020
Remington Park, Oklahoma City, OK, United States
- June 20, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreNew York City Rugged Maniac 2020
Aviator Sports Complex, Brooklyn, NY, United States
- July 11, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreVancouver Canada Rugged Maniac 2020
Cloverdale Fairgrounds, Surrey, Canada
- July 18, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreNew Jersey Rugged Maniac 2020
Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ, United States
- July 19, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreNew Jersey Rugged Maniac 2020
Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ, United States
- July 25, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreCalgary Canada Rugged Maniac 2020
Spruce Meadows, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- August 01, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MorePennsylvania Rugged Maniac 2020
Maple Grove Raceway, Mohnton, PA, United States
- August 08, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreDenver Colorado Rugged Maniac 2020
Thunder Valley Motocross, Lakewood, CO, United States
- August 15, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreAtlanta Georgia Rugged Maniac 2020
Georgia International Horse Park, Conyers, GA, United States
- August 22, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreChicago / Milwaukee Wisconsin Rugged Maniac 2020
Wilmot Mountain, Wilmot, WI, United States
- August 29, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreSouthern Indiana Rugged Maniac 2020
Paoli Peaks, Paoli, IN, United States
- September 05, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreLong Island New York Rugged Maniac 2020
Long Island Sports Park, Calverton, NY, United States
- September 12, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreTwin Cities Minnesota Rugged Maniac 2020
Wild Mountain Ski Area, Taylor Falls, MN, United States
- September 19, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreKansas City Missouri Rugged Maniac 2020
Snow Creek Ski Area, Weston, MO, United States
- September 26, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreNew England Massachusetts Rugged Maniac 2020
Moto-X 338, Southwick, MA, United States
- September 27, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreNew England Massachusetts Rugged Maniac 2020
Moto-X 338, Southwick, MA, United States
- October 03, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreSouth Carolina Rugged Maniac 2020
Boone Hall Plantation, Mt. Pleasant, SC, United States
- October 10, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreVirginia Rugged Maniac Fall 2020
Virginia Motorsports Park, Petersburg, VA, United States
- October 17, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreSacramento California Rugged Maniac 2020
Murieta Equestrian Center, Rancho Murieta, CA, United States
- October 24, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreNorth Carolina Rugged Maniac Fall 2020
Piedmont Dragway, Julian, NC, United States
- November 07, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MorePhoenix Arizona Rugged Maniac Fall 2020
Camelback Ranch, Glendale, AZ, United States
- November 15, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreAustin Texas Rugged Maniac 2020
Travis County Expo Center, Austin, TX, United States
- November 21, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG20 Learn MoreSoCal California Rugged Maniac Fall 2020
Temecula Galway Downs, Temecula, CA, United States
Browse our calendar of previous mud runs, mud races & obstacle races for Rugged Maniac
Rugged Maniac News & Featured Reviews
Rugged Maniac Reviews from the Community
(Scroll up to see a list of upcoming events for Rugged Maniac)
Great race, some really fun unique obstacles. Could use 1 more water station was 90 degrees, and no medal wtf? I need my medal!!
Hills, Hills, and more Hills
I had a blast running this race. The setting is a ski area and the race starts out with the masses running the wrong way up a ski slope. This foreshadows the rest of the race, because there isn't really a moment where you aren't climbing or descending a huge hill. This alone makes the 3.1 miles feel more like 5 or 6. If you're into longer races but only have time/funds for a 5K course than this would be a good one for you.
Tons of obstacles ranging from very easy to very hard. The warp wall at the end is a nice touch as well. Also, the last obstacle is the water slide which effectively washes most of the mud off you right as you finish. You spend most of the race muddy than finish clean, whereas in Warrior Dash you aren't really all that muddy most of the time until the end when they make you slog through the "fake mud" pit, the mud and barbed wire crawl at the end where the mud was twice as thick as any other point on the course. They did that just so you could take mud pictures and it came across to me as lame and fake. In contrast the Rugged Maniac has two barbed wire crawls through the mud pit, with the wire much lower to the ground. This was was much more challenging and you got muddier, a better in race experience in my opinion.
I am 33 years old with a wife and 3 small kids. I hated the party at Warrior Dash. It felt like a frat house and I thought to myself more than once that I am too old for this crap. The Rugged Maniac by contrast felt more like an outdoor festival, still a party but one that a respectable person might find themselves at on the weekend. Also they had inflatables, so if you bring the kids they have something to do.
Overall this course was much more challenging than I anticipated. The atmosphere and obstacles were better than Warrior Dash. I hope the word gets out that this is a better race. I'm for sure coming back.
This was the second year that my girlfriend and I did the Rugged Maniac in Wilmont and it was a very good time. The course was more challenging this year with the addition of many new obstacles (sandbag carry, hanging rings, mini tramps) just to name a few. Every obstacle was constructed well, staffed and a true test of your fitness level. The new layout and the fact that they made everyone go and up and down the ski hill three separate times thinned out the field. Only had to wait at a few obstacles. One drawback was that they only had one water station. Parking was good, after party was nice.
Overall experience was outstanding Rugged Maniac improved the race and looks to be on a upswing. We take part in many different obstacle races (Spartan, Tough Mudder) and this was one of the best.
This race was great, first rugged maniac race, but plenty of other obstacle course/mud runs under my belt, and this race was one of my favorites. Need more water stations, but terrain and obstacles were perfect. Number of legit obstacles was great also, not just a random mud puddle like some races that they count as an obstacle. Will be back next year for sure and bringing friends.
Lack of organization, 1 water station on the entire course, a few obstacles were dangerous and a few simple steps could have been done to change that, no communication (Walky talkies) or plan between workers to get help for injured participants, not enough swag for as much as race cost, etc. I watched person after person get injured on two obstacles and then watched a man break his ankle (so gruesome) and the worker I ran down had to run down the course to get someone else to get them to run to med tent and more then 10 mins later they show up with a 4 wheeler. I said u need to call an ambulance! The man was in shock and they had no training how to get him help. I will say the course was definitely rugged and a challenge which I like but common sense in building a few obstacles would have prevented a lot of injuries. Also this is rugged terrain in Colorado! High elevation and many ups and down the hillside... And only one water station??? Not a good idea. Seen and heard many people complaining of dizziness etc before reaching the water station. Not impressed w lack of safety & organization.
The course was extremely and hard to actually run many parts of it. Lack of water stations on the course and missing staff made it somewhat dangerous. The last obstacle was a huge wall that had a line (we waited 20 minutes) mud obstacles that you had to crawl under barbed wire were filled with pea gravel tearing up your knees. I would not support any more mud runs at this venue. Parking was another 20 minute wait for the shuttle. This race was the worst mud run I have participated in.
PARKING = B
Parking was onsite but yet they still charge you $10 for parking. It beats taking the bus.
FESTIVAL = B
Food, vendors, free stuff, games. Actually, more games were adding this year. They had a bull ride, inflatable joust arena, and an inflatable mini-obstacle course. The only reason I didn’t give this an A is because it’s not as impressive as a Spartan festival.
BAG CHECK = C
There was a bag check but it was chaos.
STARTING LINE = B
The DJ hyped you up (briefly) and there was music. You have to climb over a small wall to start. The waves were very large. The starting line had an arch banner so it was very easy to identify the starting location.
COURSE LAYOUT = A
While not as muddy as the previous years, the change up of the obstacle placement was the best yet. The muddy stuff was right in the beginning so you stayed muddy the entire race. Water obstacles were towards the end. This way, you get to do a “mud” race and end kinda clean. The obstacle spacing is perfect at the Rugged Maniac. It’s almost obstacle after obstacle. The terrain is mostly flat and on mud, grass, or dirt. This race has one of the best course layouts ever.
OBSTACLES = A
New obstacles added (trampoline walls, seesaw obstacles, higher walls). Although some obstacles from the previous years were removed, the new obstacles were great. Rugged Maniac is constantly evolving their obstacles and making their race harder (but not too hard). They are at the point now where not everyone can complete every obstacle (unless you are a true mud runner). Obstacles still have a lot of backlog.
Best Obstacle = Balance Beam with Pendulums
Worst Obstacle = Cage Crawl
WATER STATIONS = D
These have gotten worse over time. This year, they only offered 1 water station with just warm water (in the past, they had multiple stations with water and bananas).
FINISH LINE = A
There was a hard obstacle (quarter pipe with a waterslide), an arch banner, a timer, the crowd, and a photographer. This is the way a finish line should be.
SHOWERING/CHANGING = B
Showers were improved. They had almost a full shower system but it lacked good flowing water and pressure. They had changing tents broken out by gender. There is usually an hour wait for the showers but due to the good obstacle placement, most people didn’t need them, hence, no backlog.
SWAG = D
You only get a t-shirt. This is “wear” this race suffers. If they gave additional stuff away (more swag and a medal), this would be my favorite race. Rugged Maniac has enough money and they need to step it up in this category.
Still one of the best races and it keeps getting better. Obstacles get better each year and the race is constantly improving. It’s a perfect race for beginners (because of the largest number of obstacles offered) but still great for those who are in competitive shape. Because of it constantly evolving, it’s never the same exact race as the prior year (I plan to do this race every year). I predict it will be the next Warrior Dash.
First time & loved it!
Check in was quick & efficient. I am a runner, have done a marathon, 1/2 marathons & other distance running events for 15 years but this was my first obstacle & mud race! Ran with a group of friends who have done mud races & had fun. Volunteers were great as were all the other runners....friendly & helpful! Will do it again next year!
This was our first obstacle course race and we all loved it! There were 3 parents and 3 teen boys in our group and everyone had a great time and plan to do it again next year!! The check-in was organized and efficient. The course was very well-done and well-supported by volunteers at each obstacle. There was a good mix of challenging and fun obstacles. Plenty of water and mud. The after-party was fun as well. Definitely plan to be back next year!
My 15 yr old son tore up the course and rocked it!
He had the biggest smile on his face and really enjoyed telling me all about his rugged adventure.
Thank you Rugged Maniac :)