Rugged Maniac obstacle races, mud run, and OCR information, distance, cost, dates, calendar, discounts, obstacles, reviews, and more
|Overview||“An Epic Day of Rugged Glory”, Nationwide locations|
|Upcoming||See all upcoming events at the bottom of the page.|
|Terrain||“Rugged Gauntlet of Glory” – You’ll figure it out!|
Looking for adventure? How about a day filled with 25 epic obstacles, a crazy party, and plenty of beer? Rugged Maniac Obstacle Race has you covered! Here's how it works: Sign up for the race and you'll run our 3-mile course where you'll climb towers of shipping containers, rocket down a 50′ water slide, bounce on trampolines, jump over fire, and more!
Before and after your run, you'll get to party with thousands of other maniacs in our day-long festival where you can ride mechanical bulls, pretend to be a kid in our adult bounce houses, and dance your butt off in the festival and enjoy lots of new games and activities. As if that wasn't awesome enough, you also get a high-quality t-shirt, an awesome medal, free professional race photos, and a beer (if of legal drinking age) with your registration!
Unlike the other guys, we don't nickel and dime you with ‘insurance' and ‘processing' fees that add $30 or more to your registration cost. You'll pay the price listed on the event page plus any tax required by the man. That's it. So what are you waiting for? Reserve your preferred start
Upcoming Rugged Maniac EventsClick an event name to view the event details. Scroll past this, or click here to see the review section
- Race discount More info
- October 19, 2019Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreSacramento California Rugged Maniac 2019
Murieta Equestrian Center, Rancho Murieta, CA, United States
- October 26, 2019Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreNorth Carolina Rugged Maniac Fall 2019
Piedmont Dragway, Julian, NC, United States
- November 02, 2019Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MorePhoenix Arizona Rugged Maniac Fall 2019
Camelback Ranch, Glendale, AZ, United States
- November 09, 2019Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreAustin Texas Rugged Maniac 2019
Travis County Expo Center, Austin, TX, United States
- November 16, 2019Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreSoCal Temecula California Rugged Maniac 2019
Temecula Galway Downs, Temecula, CA, United States
- March 14, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreSouth Carolina Rugged Maniac 2020
Boone Hall Plantation, Mt. Pleasant, SC, United States
- April 04, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MorePhoenix Arizona Rugged Maniac Spring 2020
Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park, Chandler, AZ, United States
- April 11, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreNorth Carolina Rugged Maniac Spring 2020
Rockingham Dragway, Rockingham, NC, United States
- April 18, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreFlorida Rugged Maniac 2020
Little Everglades Ranch, Dade City, FL, United States
- April 25, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreSan Francisco California Rugged Maniac 2020
Alameda County Fairgrounds, Pleasanton, CA, United States
- May 02, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreVirginia Rugged Maniac 2020
Virginia Motorsports Park, Petersburg, VA, United States
- May 09, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreColumbus Ohio Rugged Maniac 2020
Delaware County Fairgrounds, Delaware, OH, United States
- May 16, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreLos Angeles California Rugged Maniac 2020
Castaic Lake State Recreation Area, Castaic, CA, United States
- May 30, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreKitchener Canada Rugged Maniac 2020
Chicopee Ski Resort, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
- June 06, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreKentucky Rugged Maniac 2020
Kentucky Speedway, Sparta, KY, United States
- June 13, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreOklahoma City Rugged Maniac 2020
Remington Park, Oklahoma City, OK, United States
- June 20, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreNew York City Rugged Maniac 2020
Aviator Sports Complex, Brooklyn, NY, United States
- June 27, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MorePortland Oregon Rugged Maniac 2020
Portland International Raceway, Portland, OR, United States
- July 11, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreVancouver Canada Rugged Maniac 2020
Cloverdale Fairgrounds, Surrey, Canada
- July 18, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreNew Jersey Rugged Maniac 2020
Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ, United States
- July 19, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreNew Jersey Rugged Maniac 2020
Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ, United States
- July 25, 2020Save $5 on your Rugged Maniac with code MRG19 Learn MoreCalgary Canada Rugged Maniac 2020
Spruce Meadows, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Browse our calendar of previous mud runs, mud races & obstacle races for Rugged Maniac
Rugged Maniac News & Featured Reviews
Rugged Maniac Reviews from the Community
(Scroll up to see a list of upcoming events for Rugged Maniac)
Good run if you just want to do it.
This run was very brutal, which I enjoyed. This is a pro... Now the cons... No enough or lack of photographers. We were only in 1 picture hopping over fire (Which looked terrible). They didnt even get any pictures of my girlfriends son. We didnt even have any pictures of crossing the finish line. They started packing up at about 2 pm before the last of the runners at 3 pm even started.
So if you want to run the race just to say you did it...Cool... In my opinion the Warrior dash was easier but at least we got pictures, medal and crappy viking hat.
For the money the Rugged Maniac was asking to run is not worth just running the race.
This was my first mud run and all I knew about it was what I saw on the website. It looked like a lot of fun and a good challenge for a guy that had just lost ninety pounds. I wanted to push my new found fitness and prove to myself that I am still somewhat an athlete. It was a challenging course, (ski slope) the hills were insane. The weather in Kansas City this time of year can be 75 to 25. Fortunately it was a balmy 44 degrees (sarcasm) which made the course even more of a challenge. Getting into water that cold takes a little bit of nerve. My wife and I finished together and we both agreed we have not had that much fun in a long time. Thank you Rugged Maniac!!
So Much Fun!
This was my first OCR, and I had a complete and total blast. I was VERY nervous going into it, but I trained for the event several months, mostly so I could run any distance.
The course itself was on a motor cross track, which had ups and downs, but for a first timer, way more manageable than, say, a ski slope! I found the obstacles occasionally challenging, but the only one that caused me to hesitate was jumping over fire. Probably because I actually stopped to think about it, I psyched myself out a little bit. The rest of the obstacles were very approachable and achievable by a beginner obstacle course racer. The walls had a step built in that you could use if you were unable to just jump and pull yourself up to the top.
That said, my one complaint is that the steps on just about everything were set very far apart. My much taller friend found it challenging, and being short, made it even more difficult. The one that sticks out was the one where you are stepping from stump to stump. A friend of mine gave me a hand, it would have been nice if one of the rows of stumps was set slightly closer together. Without my friend's help, I would have had to leap from one mud covered stump to the next, which sounds horrifically dangerous!
In the middle of the course there was a slide - which, I'll be honest, I had a blast with. I did see a lot of injuries from the slide, however (mostly bruises and scrapes), and one of my friends who is more familiar with OCR's said it was needlessly dangerous, because it was the kind of thing that you couldn't do safely by training for it or being prepared. Basically, through most of the slide, you were completely out of control, and just had to go with the flow. Lots of feet hitting into heads and backs as a result.
Overall, it was a great introduction to OCR's and I'm already signed up for two more. I'm also signed up to do the RM next year again - all of us on my team are.