Tough Mudder continues to expand its event offerings and expansion into the competitive obstacle racing arena with the addition of three Tougher Mudder Regional Championships and it's own Tougher Mudder World Championship.
Tougher Mudder was introduced this year at traditional Tough Mudder ten plus mile events. The Tougher Mudder heat takes place the first heat of the morning and lets those who want to race, compete for cash prizes and bragging rights. Announced today, Tough Mudder is continuing to build on the Tougher Mudder heats offering regional and world championships and $50,000 dollars in prizes.
Tougher Mudder Championship Series Details
The Tougher Mudder Championship Series is based on the same core Tougher Mudder format that Mudder Nation has been taking on throughout 2017, including 10 miles of rugged terrain and 20+ signature Tough Mudder obstacles, with a few small twists:
- Unique challenges on course (including obstacle variations)
- The ability to qualify for the Tougher Mudder World Championship
- Penalty loops for obstacle failures
- Prizing (see below for details)
Dates Regional Championships and World Championships:
- 10/7/17 – Tougher Mudder East Championship at Tough Mudder Tri-State
- 10/21/17 – Tougher Mudder South Championship at Tough Mudder Carolinas
- 10/28/17 – Tougher Mudder West Championship at Tough Mudder Las Vegas
- 11/4/17 – Tougher Mudder World Championship at Tough Mudder SoCal
Athletes can register online for the regional events by signing up for the timed, competitive Tougher start wave at any of the three events listed below. To compete at the World Championship event, athletes will need to place in the top 10 at one of the three regionals or submit a WAIVER APPLICATION for consideration.
For those athletes who like to plan out their season Tough Mudder hasn't given much time to schedule in a few more trips during the already busy championship season. However, these new offerings add a twist for those looking to capture a World Championship title.