Savage Race and GORUCK recently teamed up to offer a whole new event combining the two brands. The Savage Race X GORUCK Tough Challenge is set to take place on May 5, 2018, at the Savage Race Maryland event. The 10-12 hours event takes place Saturday night on the obstacle course and around the grounds.
Mud Run Guide spoke with both Lloyd Parker of Savage Race and Jason McCarthy of GORUCK. In this partnership, participants will have the opportunity to be led by a Special Forces Cadre for 10-12 hours, as part of a small team, learning what it feels like to conquer the unknown on the Savage Race course together. Entry into the event is $119.00 and a lifetime of memories from Savage race and Special Forces Cadres.
“We are really excited to team up with GORUCK for this inaugural event. The synergy between the two brands is amazing. I look forward to seeing where this collaboration goes!” Lloyd Parker, Co-Founder Savage Race
McCarthy said of the partnership, it is good for participants as the goal with GORUCK has always been to add value to the lives of participants and working with Savage Race adds to the GORUCK brand with the two organizations sharing many of the same values.
“The fact that this will happen by night when most people are asleep in their warm beds, makes it all the more rewarding. Imagine the faces of all the Savage Race participants showing up early for their first wave, and seeing our team finishing up together after doing work all night long.” Said Jason McCarthy, GORUCK Founder.
Depending on the first event this could become a longer partnership between the two brands. The logistics are still being worked out, however, with these two brands coming together, you can be sure that Savage Race Tough will be a one of a kind event for those loving a good old fashioned sufferfest.
About Savage Race Tough
GORUCK is teaming up with Savage Race for a special GORUCK Tough Challenge on the grounds of the Savage Race. That means your Special Forces Cadre will have access to Savage Race’s 27+ obstacles for you to lead, follow, and overcome adversity as a team, by night, on an obstacle course closed to everyone else until morning.
They’ll be sleeping in their warm beds. You won’t be.
This is Class 001 of the Savage Race x GORUCK Tough Challenge. Come and earn it.
What to Bring
- A rucksack aka backpack (GR1 or Rucker recommended)
- Ruck Plate = to your weight requirement
- If you weigh >150 lbs = 30 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- If you weigh < 150 lbs = 20 lb. Ruck Plate (or equivalent)
- Hydration Bladder: Source 3L recommended
- Nalgene bottle (1L) or equivalent (electrolytes recommended)
- Reflective Ruck Bands (or equivalent) on your ruck
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Windbreaker (only if the temperature is expected below 60 ℉)
- Photo ID and $20 cash just in case
- As a class, you need one (1) 25 lb. class weight and one American Flag. Use your event’s Facebook page to meet your class, organize training, and coordinate team weight details.
- Flip-flops (not required) – upon completion of a GORUCK Tough, it’s one of the seven great feelings in the world to take your shoes and socks off and put flip flops on. It also makes the hell-yeah-I-earned-my-patch beer taste even better.