Today, Adventurey is excited to announce a new championship distance which debuts at the 2019 Obstacle Course Racing World Championships–the 100 Meter Sprint Championships.
“The addition of this competition is the next logical step for our event,” said OCRWC Founder Adrian Bijanada. “Each year we hear from athletes longing for a format that places more emphasis on obstacle technique and proficiency, and we're thrilled to finally offer them a world-class 100-meter course to compete on. Similar to our other distances, this will be a full-fledged discipline at the OCRWC.”
Utilizing a time-trial format, the 100 Meter Sprint Championships will feature a sprint course comprised of a unique group of obstacles that will be achievable by the vast majority of competitors, which will place particular emphasis on speed, technique, and efficiency of movement.
100M SPRINT CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Open Time Trial Format – No Qualification Required Four Divisions: Men Under 40, Women Under 40, Men 40+, Women 40+ (additional divisions may be added at a later date)
- Two Course Attempts Per Registration – Fastest Time In Each Division Wins
- Medals Awarded for Top 10 Athletes in Each Division
- Cash Prizes and Podium Medals for Top 3 Athletes in Each Division
- Limit of One Online Registration Per Athlete
- Compete at Any Time During Course Hours Friday – Sunday (Hours TBA)
- $20 per athlete for the first 100 athletes, $30 per person thereafter