- 2020 OCRWC scheduled for October 3 has been postponed to September 23-26, 2021
- Current 2020 registrations are automatically transferred to 2021
- If 2021 does not fit your schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stratton Mountain Resort lodging issues can be addressed via email email@example.com
First and foremost, I hope you and your family are healthy and well during these incredibly uncertain and challenging times. The COVID-19 crisis in particular has taken a heavy toll on the OCR community in countless ways including physically, emotionally, and economically.
For these reasons and so many others, it is with great sadness that we have decided to postpone the 2020 OCR World Championships to September 23-26, 2021, at Stratton Mountain Resort in Vermont, USA.
We always try to provide full transparency to our OCRWC family, so I’d like to offer insight into why we decided to postpone the race:
- First, with many countries imposing travel restrictions such as travel bans and mandatory quarantines, many athletes and their supporters will be prevented from attending this year’s event. Simply put, without our signature diverse field of competitors, the OCRWC can’t serve as a true World Championship as it has for the past six years.
- Second, the OCRWC has served as the premier unifying event for the OCR community by putting our athletes, their experiences, and their well-being first. Given current restrictions on large events and safety concerns, it would be impossible to deliver the hallmark OCRWC experience you deserve.
- Finally, so many of you have already informed us that you’ll be unable to participate this year and have asked to defer your entry, which is a request we can now accommodate.
You can expect further information to follow in the coming weeks. This will include an updated 2021 race weekend schedule, discount codes to our upcoming online merchandise sale, and more information about our plans for a special end-of-season virtual event.
Until then, we hope you and your family are able to stay safe and healthy. We anxiously look forward to 2021 and what will be the best OCRWC yet. As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Thank you for your continued support of the OCRWC and of our sport and its community.
Adventurey CEO & Founder