Miles today: 39
Miles Run so far: 280.35
Miles to go: 2749.65
Day 8 was a day of rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. Adam broke the day down into small goals of five-mile segments. He completed eight cycles of walking five miles then celebrating with a pit stop. The team would get Adam stretched, hydrated, and fed and then Adam would head out for the next five miles again. The cycle repeated all day. Spirits were high with singing, cracking jokes, and Adam had a determined attitude to keep going and win tiny victories.
The desert was a bit kinder with constant wind, but still provided no relief from the sun. The team is proud of Adam for accomplishing 39 miles today. Time for some much-deserved rest tonight!
Link to donate (documentary): https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-bearded-sole-project-a-running-documentary#/
- Where is Adam now? Live Tracking (Support Van): https://share.delorme.com/AdamKimbleGWR or Strava: https://www.strava.com/activities/494499582
- Fund Adam’s Run: https://www.gofundme.com/AdamsRaceAcrossUSA
- Pick up a Bearded Sole Limited-Edition T-shirt: http://booster.com/adamkimble1
- Support the “Bearded Sole” documentary on Adam’s World Record Run: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-bearded-sole-project-a-running-documentary#/
- Who are the documentary guys? http://www.charliekmedia.com