Terrain Racing obstacle races, mud run, and OCR information, distance, cost, dates, calendar, discounts, obstacles, reviews, and more
Terrain Racing challenges you both physically and mentally with over 20 obstacles! Choose a 5k or 10k option, and after your race party at the finish line with friends, family, mud and views of the obstacles you just conquered! You’ll be proud when you finish your race with us. You’ll sweat. You’ll get dirty. You and your friends will have the time of your life.
Make terrain Your race, Conquer Your Terrain!
Kid's races vary in distance and age categories from location to location, so be sure to check our website for more information on Terrain Mud Runs for the whole family!
Upcoming Terrain Racing EventsClick an event name to view the event details. Scroll past this, or click here to see the review section
- Race discount More info
- July 28, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreNew York Terrain Race Mud Run 2019
Wurtsboro Airport, Wurtsboro, NY, United States
- August 04, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreSeattle Washington Terrain Race Mud Run 2019
Evergreen Speedway, Monroe, WA, United States
- August 10, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MorePortland Oregon Terrain Race Mud Run 2019
Sherwood Forest, Sherwood, OR, United States
- August 17, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreBoston Massachusetts Terrain Racing Mud Run 2019
Kalon Farm, Lancaster, MA, United States
- August 17, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreSalt Lake City Utah Terrain Race Mud Run 2019
Salt Lake Co. Equestrian & Events Center, S. Jordan, UT, United States
- August 24, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreNew Jersey Terrain Race Mud Run 2019
New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, NJ, United States
- September 07, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreDenver Colorado Terrain Race Mud Run 2019
The Recess Factory, Erie, CO, United States
- September 14, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreMaryland Terrain Racing Mud Run 2019
Rosecroft Raceway, Fort Washington, MD, United States
- September 14, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreOshkosh Wisconsin Terrain Race Mud Run 2019
EAA Aviation Center, Oshkosh, WI, United States
- September 28, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreChicago Illinois Terrain Racing Mud Run 2019
Chicagoland Speedway, Joliet, IL, United States
- October 05, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreRichmond Virginia Terrain Racing Mud Run 2019
Richmond Raceway, Richmond, VA, United States
- October 05, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreMinnesota Terrain Race Mud Run 2019
Buck Hill, Burnsville, MN, United States
- October 05, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreMinneapolis Minnesota Terrain Race Mud Run 2019
Buck Hill, Burnsville, MN, United States
- October 12, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreKansas City Missouri Terrain Race Mud Run 2019
River View Farms, Lexington, MO, United States
- October 26, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreJacksonville Florida Terrain Racing Mud Run 2019
Jacksonville Equestrian Center, Jacksonville, United States
- November 02, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreLas Vegas Nevada Terrain Race Mud Run 2019
Boulder Canyon Mountain Bike Park, Boulder City, NV, United States
- November 09, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreNew Orleans Louisiana Terrain Race Mud Run 2019
NOLA Motorsports Park, Avondale, LA, United States
- November 16, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreIrvine California Terrain Racing Mud Run 2019
Oak Canyon Park, Silverado, CA, United States
- December 14, 2019Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreTampa Florida Terrain Race Mud Run 2019
Sun ‘n Fun, Lakeland, FL, United States
Browse our calendar of previous mud runs, mud races & obstacle races for Terrain Racing
Terrain Racing News & Featured Reviews
Terrain Racing Reviews from the Community
(Scroll up to see a list of upcoming events for Terrain Racing)
What a joke
Poorly organized. They cancelled the event after us sitting in line for 2+ hours due to their traffic/poor parking situation. They blamed the cancellation on the heat yet they invited everyone back the next day which was even hotter. July in the Inland Empire is ALWAYS hot. Clearly lying. And wont give refunds. That is the last Terrain Race for us.
Not even worth the $15
Waited in a line of cars for an hour before I decided to hop out and run 1.5 mi there. When I got there, they closed the race due to “extreme heat” when it was not even 90° yet. Ran another 1.5 mi to where my car was parked. Waste of money
Terrain Race is an UTTERLY USELESS ORGANIZATION. After a two hour drive to get to the event today at Inland Empire, we waited for ANOTHER TWO HOURS in a line of cars to get into the event. In this time we had traveled a full mile with still two more miles to go just to reach the parking lot. It was utterly pathetic that Terrain Race could not be more organized and put on a decent event. After they cancelled last year's Inland Empire race and this pathetic performance, I will no longer try to attend this company's event. My 12 year old daughter was particularly disappointed to travel a full six hours in the car and get nothing done.
Waited 2 hours to park our car and still werent even passed the gates to find out as people were leaving the parking lot, we were told the event was canceled. Would have been nice if an event employee went out to tell everyone. All those email reminders should have said possible cancelation due to heat so we others who have a later start time wont be driving 2hrs to the event location. Poorly managed and money hungry charging for everything.
This race was awful. The obstacles were boring, only one section of the race had mud, the volunteers were all grumpy.. And when I crossed the finish line with my friends, we were told there were no shirts left and they offered us these super cheap headbands instead. We declined them. At the race some guy told us to send an email and we would be sent shirts. Now I'm being told that they wont send us shirts because we were offered headbands instead. We didnt cross the finish line very late either, but we crossed to find that the entire event was over. All the food trucks left, the tents were being taken down, and we werent even the last group to finish. The whole thing was bland and Jessica (who emailed me and denied my group shirts) made the whole thing worse. We planned to stay after the race to check out vendors and eat. Definitely not a race worth doing. Poorly managed with incredibly rude staff.
The reviews of Terrain races are so bad that I’ve decided to eat the $18 I’ve paid for this race and stay home. I’ve done too many terrific OCRs and don’t want to have a bad experience. There are consequences to consistently putting on a poorly rated event. Terrain should get their act together and deliver a better product or get out of the OCR space.
This race has gone very downhill. I did it a couple of years ago and it was fun and challenging. The race this past weekend felt like a 3 mile run with some muddy areas. There were no challenging or difficult obstacles, as there were in the past. I got a group of friends to do it this year with me and was almost embarrassed that I convinced them to do so, as it was incredibly disappointing.
Not worth the time
Waste of time - boring, and probably no harder than a Spartan *Kids* race. Go with a Rugged Maniac or Warrior Dash instead (or Spartan or Tough Mudder for more challenge).
Although "free," it is like Ryanair: registration was actually $17, parking $10, bag check $5, and bib pickup $5 unless you make a 2nd trip ahead of time.
That's still cheap, but you get what you pay for: the obstacles were little more than mud pits, balance beams, a couple extremely short carries, and a few walls/hurdles. No rope climb or rope swing. No monkey bars. No multi rig. No tire-hammer thing as seen on their website. They did have a tire drag but all the tires were different sizes and the ropes were different lengths. Entirely flat, boring terrain - basically running around in a gravel parking lot.
The festival area was threadbare, with no sponsor tents, only one food option, and no sports drinks at the end. 30-minute line for the barebones hose-off area. The finisher shirt is basic cotton, not an athletic shirt. And there are no official photographers.
On the plus side, it's actually in San Jose, unlike the closest Spartan race which is 90 minutes away from there.
I've done 2-3 terrain racing events. The first in 2016 was fun. Since then they've gone downhill and became pretty much a scam. Last year, 2018, they cancelled the first inland empire run a few days before the event with no refunds and credit for the event when a new date was set.
The actual event had no mud, 4-5 sub par obstacles, and I left pretty annoyed with what was basically a 3mile run with occasional pauses for unchallenging stations.
Save the $40 and check out warrior dash. A night nation run is more enjoyable and it's just a 3 mile run with glow sticks / edm blasting
Paid $14 to register and $20 for parking for a very unorganized run. My group and I took pictures at the end and none of them were uploaded and when I emailed them about it they basically brushed me off. I also did not see one camera during the race while I was running...
Obstacles were boring and I do not have a lot of strength but everything was mediocre.
Nothing to do after the event- figured there would be a beer stand for everyone to drink and mingle.