Terrain Racing obstacle races, mud run, and OCR information, distance, cost, dates, calendar, discounts, obstacles, reviews, and more
Terrain Racing challenges you both physically and mentally with over 20 obstacles! Choose a 5k or 10k option, and after your race party at the finish line with friends, family, mud and views of the obstacles you just conquered! You’ll be proud when you finish your race with us. You’ll sweat. You’ll get dirty. You and your friends will have the time of your life.
Make terrain Your race, Conquer Your Terrain!
Kid's races vary in distance and age categories from location to location, so be sure to check our website for more information on Terrain Mud Runs for the whole family!
Upcoming Terrain Racing EventsClick an event name to view the event details. Scroll past this, or click here to see the review section
- Race discount More info
- July 18, 2020Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreBoston Massachusetts Terrain Race Mud Run 2020
Kalon Farm, Lancaster, MA, United States
- July 18, 2020Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreSpokane Washington Terrain Race Mud Run 2020
Stateline Speedway Stadium, Post Falls, ID, United States
- July 25, 2020Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreNew York Terrain Race Mud Run 2020
Holiday Mountain Ski & Fun, Monticello, NY, United States
- July 25, 2020Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreSalt Lake City Utah Terrain Race Mud Run 2020
Salt Lake Co. Equestrian & Events Center, S. Jordan, UT, United States
- August 01, 2020Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreSeattle Washington Terrain Race Mud Run 2020
Grays Harbor ORV, McCleary, WA, United States
- August 08, 2020Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MorePortland Oregon Terrain Race Mud Run 2020
Sherwood Forest, Sherwood, OR, United States
- August 08, 2020Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreWashington D.C. Terrain Race Mud Run 2020
Rosecroft Raceway, Fort Washington, MD, United States
- August 15, 2020Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreBuffalo New York Terrain Race Mud Run 2020
Area 51 Motocross, Batavia, NY, United States
- August 22, 2020Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreNew Jersey Terrain Race Mud Run 2020
New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville, NJ, United States
- September 05, 2020Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreSan Diego California Terrain Race Mud Run 2020
Bates Nut Farm, Valley Center, CA, United States
- September 12, 2020Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreOshkosh Wisconsin Terrain Race Mud Run 2020
EAA Aviation Center, Oshkosh, WI, United States
- September 26, 2020Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreLake Elsinore California Terrain Race Mud Run 2020
Lake Elsinore Diamond, Lake Elsinore, CA, United States
- October 10, 2020Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MorePittsburgh Pennsylvania Terrain Race Mud Run 2020
Monroeville Park, Monroeville, PA, United States
- November 07, 2020Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MorePhoenix Arizona Terrain Race Mud Run 2020
Rawhide Western Town, Chandler, AZ, United States
- November 14, 2020Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreIrvine California Terrain Race Mud Run 2020
Oak Canyon Park, Silverado, CA, United States
- December 05, 2020Save $5 on your Terrain Racing with code MUDRUN5 Learn MoreTampa Florida Terrain Race Mud Run 2020
Sun ‘n Fun, Lakeland, FL, United States
Browse our calendar of previous mud runs, mud races & obstacle races for Terrain Racing
Terrain Racing News & Featured Reviews
Terrain Racing Reviews from the Community
(Scroll up to see a list of upcoming events for Terrain Racing)
I have to randomly click on the event website to find out it has been cancelled? Or maybe postponed? Hard to say since the website states both. No email notification of changes. I get it with the current world situation, things are touch and go, but to cancel 3 months out and not notify, attempt to postpone, or even attempt at a refund??? Seems to be a common theme in these reviews of the no refund policy. Joke of a race direction company if you ask me. Far from "free", and even farther from getting me a second time around
Dallas / Fort WorthMarch 2020
What a rip off!
I have never been disappointed with a race company until now.
My family of four showed up at Texas Motor Speedway for our first OCR event of the year. Right away we are hit with a $20 fee to park, kind of steep, but okay. We park, get in line to pick up our packets, only to find out it's going to cost us anther $5/each to pick up the packets. Has anyone ever heard of paying to pick up your packet for a race you already paid for?!?
We ended up paying the additional $20 for the packets. I didn't even bother to check the bag, but I'm sure if I paid to check it, I would have had to pay to pick it up too! I asked to speak to the race director and was told he wasn't even on site.
The obstacles were only okay, but the biggest challenge was staying on the poorly marked course!
Don't waste your money on this worthless 5K. After being nickel and dime you'll spend the same amount on a much higher quality race.
Waste of money
Don’t waste your money.
Price: says free but not really after you pay for the waiver, donation, parking, day of race check in fee. They will nickel & dime you. Would be better if they just charge a higher rate.
Location/Race: horrible, running on rocks the whole time.
Obstacles: just okay
Don’t waste your time or money
Pretty much a money maker. Site is vague on actual cost, so I contacted the organizer for info:
$14 insurance and fee
$17 registration fee (kicks back to organizer)
They state registration is $40 but waived if registered before a certain date. That date constantly gets moved later and later just to pressure people into registering. It's a horrible tactic...The race is okay I'm sure, but the registration and profit tactics wreak of 1970's used car sales.
Not Worth it! Very disorganize. Mostly running a gravel road with a few obstacles even the mud dried up. I personally got a deep stab on the palm of my hand while dragging myself under a heavy net in a multitude (hundreds) of safety pins that where on the ground from other racers dragging their bibs there. I warned the personnel, and got the most I don't give a s@$%t look. I was shocked, they didn"t do anything and many others got hurt. I also found myself getting of course to chase personnel on golf carts for water for my kids because all the water station were empty and unattended.Btw they'll nickel and dime you once your there. Never again!
This was my first obstacle course race ever. I drove 5 hours and had a blast. I am actually looking forward to particapating in another one in Fort Worth, Texas because of how much fun it was. Since this was a goal I had when I turned 50, completed it at 51 was an awesome experiance. I was very pleased that I felt no pressure on anything. No punichment work if I couldnt complete and obstacle, had help when I ask for it. Just a very laid back experiance. I would recommand this for anyone older or starting out. There were long lines to get into the venue and parking was $20 and packet pick up was $5 but all fees were advertised well in advance so I knew exactly how much cash to have on hand. Overall it really was an great experiance and I'm ready to takcle the next one!
Alarming safety issues/Injuries
I went into race not expecting a lot and wasn't bothered by the disorganization. But the safety issues were surprising. There were no volunteers or race officials for long stretches of the course and at some obstacle stations. The cargo net wall was very rickety and difficult to grasp metal bars since the previous obstacle was the mud pit. Someone had apparently fallen from the top onto their back earlier in the race and been taken to hospital. I would not recommend this race.
Fun but needs work
It was really fun for our first race but there really weren’t many obstacles. There was only one muddy spot as well. Also the ad advertised fee admission but then threw in $15 fee for insurance which I understand but I don't think it should’ve been advertised like that. There were also other charges $5 for the bib $20 for parking once we were there they only accepted cash.
Charging $5 to pick up your race bib is ridiculous!
$20 parking fee. Most obstacles were not very challenging. Definitely not worth it or physically stimulating.
Only 4 real obstacles over 3 miles. The rest is just running on a gravel road. This company shouldn’t even be in the same category as other OCRs. If you are a child then this would be a great race for you, otherwise save your money. Additionally they $5 dollar you to death. $5 bucks to pick up a bib number, $5 bucks for the privilege of putting your bag on their table, $20 bucks to park in the grass.