This event has passed.
Cincinnati Ohio Mud Guts and Glory Fall 2014
August 16, 2014
Use discount code MUDRUNGUIDE for $10 off your Mud Guts and Glory registration!!!!
Create a free account, or sign in, to join these awesome people to show your interest (or attendance) of this event
- Cincinnati Ohio Mud Guts and Glory Fall 2014
- August 16, 2014
- + iCal+ gCal
- King's Domain (Mud Guts and Glory)
View a Google Map
5778 State Route 350, Oregonia, OH, 45054, United States
Mud Guts and Glory is an extreme mud obstacle challenge that combines over 5 miles of grueling terrain with over 28 obstacles to give you an OCR experience like none other.
- Series History:
- 2 events in the past, and 0 scheduled for the future
- Average rating: 5 / 5 from 1 reviews.
Click here to see all reviews and comments for Cincinnati Ohio Mud Guts and Glory Fall 2014, and add your own!
- Event Website:
- Visit Event Site
- This event has passed, registration is closed.
Individual Cost Race Type $99 Elite Wave (8:30 am - timed with prizes) $79 Challenge Waves (9 am - 1 pm, start times vary) $25 MGG Family Course (all day access)
Military & First Responder Discount (Bring ID to event) - $20 off with coupon code 'THANKYOU'
Student Discount (Bring ID to event) - $40 off with coupon code 'STUDYMUDDY'
- 5 miles
- Course Description:
- Mud Guts and Glory features challenging terrain as well as 28 obstacles. This treacherous course takes you on a journey over steep hills, deep ravines, and tree tangled creek beds. Uniquely presented in 5 distinct and challenging stages, MGG is perfectly suited for expert and novice alike, allowing you to choose your own distance and exit point to challenge your unique limits, fitness level, and tolerance for the painful...and fun!
The obstacle list includes:
Double Break: Start with a tough climb with a rope assist
Power Wall: You’re not at the top until you’ve been up the ramp and across the Power Pole platform
Mud Bog: Weigh down those feet with a romp through mud
Bouncy Bridge: It looks like an easy crossing until you hit it and it starts bouncing, particularly if there are a few other people trying to cross
Logger’s Revenge: Lots of logs to cross that Denny left behind when he was clearing trail
Tunnel Hop: You get the easy route at this 4-way crossing
Rope Burn Jr.: A bit too steep of a drop to do without a rope assist
Mudslide: Slide on your back down a 10 yard muddy hill into a mud pit
Mini Monkeys: You need to hit every bar to say you succeeded on this one
Tunnel Through: Crawl under as your mud buddies cross above
Mud Vert Wall: Just what it says, with rope assist if you need it
Mud Mountain: Crawl up a mountain of mud and wave to the people at the starting line – you’re a mile in now...
Electric Mud Crawl: Belly crawl 20 yards under shock wires
Monkey Business: A combination of tire walls, monkey bars, rings, parallel bars, and of course, mud
Over/Under Mud Bog: A series of overs and unders that will fully submerse you in muddy water
Tubes: 2 sets of 20’ tubes 30” in diameter – into mud/water then back out
Castle Wall: Military style high wall (15’ plus)
Selah Bridge Culvert Crawl: Crawl through one of the culverts under the bridge
Spider Ladder Drill: Navigate a spider web of ropes 6” off the ground on an incline
Logs Jam: Climb over large logs (or groups of logs) while going up a steep incline
ButtNuster: Over/under obstacle with logs to climb over and crawl under – barbed wire keeps you from going over the unders
Low Voltage: Dangling electrified wires encourage you to stay low in your belly crawl through mud
Chapel Wall: Climb up face of creekbed to land in pit of mud
David vs. Goliath: After steep hill climb, shoot paintballs with a wrist rocket to hit target – 3 tries with penalties (e.g. burpees) if you miss one or more
Heavy Duty: 0.2 mile log carry with choice of smaller logs if going alone or larger logs that can be handled by 2 or 3 people (idea – brand logs and/or sell branded log slices)
Dam Locks: Series of dammed-up sections of the creekbed with water/mud in each (short vertical climb followed by walk through mud bog)
Ring My Bell: Climb 20’ rope to ring bell or suffer penalties (e.g. burpees)
Mt. Kill-a-man: Climb up steep hill with rope assist, or use trees in more open area which is just as steep
Chutes & Ladders: Slide down ravine ~ 200’ to creekbed, but slides are interrupted by logs across the ravine, so slide into mud then climb over then slide again
Leeann’s Insanity: Very steep climb assisted by ropes
Return of Heavy Duty: 0.3 mile log carry along dirt road
Heavy Feet: 100’ of mud trail.
Obstacle TBD: Military-style obstacle, Hannes’ design, Sternum Checker, etc.
Rope Tow: Near vertical drop off ridge assisted by ropes
Pinnacle Hill: Near vertical climb back up to ridge with vertical/inverted face at top covered by cargo net
Slip n Slide Finish Line: Everyone finishes (regardless of stage) with an industrial-size slip-n-slide (as tall as we can make it) into a 3’ pool of muddy water with a 100 yard run to the finish line.
- Start Time:
- Elite Wave (timed, eligible for prizes):
9 am -10 am
10 am -11 am
11 am - 12 pm
12 pm - 1pm
- Aid Stations:
- MGG has 5 water stations spread throughout the course. Water and sports drinks will be provided at the finish line. Paramedics will be on property on standby all day. UTV's will also be available to transport any injured participants on property should the need arise.
- Mud Guts and Glory Finisher's Medal
- MGG Race T-Shirt
- Glory Finish photo
- Hose station to rinse off
- Post Race Liquid Refreshment
- Participant Glory Photo
- Access to Glory Village - food vendors and merchandise available
- Bragging Rights
- Awards ceremony will follow the running of the Elite Wave.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three male and female Elite competitors.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top three male and female finishers in the Elite wave. Prize money will be paid out the day of the event.
First Place: $1,000
Second Place: $500
- $10 per person (Ages 12 & under are FREE!)
- Multiple obstacle viewing areas (The Gauntlet, Pinnacle Hill, etc.)
- Access to Glory Village with food vendors and merchandise available
- Access to post-races bonfires & celebration
- $10 Per Car - Cash Only
Parking will be off-site at Ft. Ancient. There will be shuttles running between Ft. Ancient and King's Domain throughout the event. When you are ready to leave, there will be buses provided to take you back to the parking area. The last bus will leave at 6:30PM.
- Post Party:
- Even though the beautiful agony ends, the fun doesn't have to! Join us at Glory Village after your race. Hot shower/rinse off stations will be available and then you will have access to food and drink vendors, post-race bonfires, and a whole lot of celebrating with great music and a great atmosphere. *All vendors are cash only, so come with cash!*
- All proceeds from Mud Guts and Glory benefit King's Domain. King's Domain believes that a summer camp experience can be a life-changing experience for at-risk youth. They strive every summer to bring as many children to camp as possible and expose them to wonderful counselors, adventure in the great outdoors, and lots of new friends! The funds from MGG will help King's Domain bring more children to camp each summer.
- MGG encourages team work and in general OCR events are a lot more fun when you run with a group or a friend. That being said, there are no special awards or regulations for teams participating at MGG.
In order to run as a team, simply register for the same wave time, select your team name on the registration page (or create your team name if you don't see it on the drop down menu) and arrive on race day ready to show your team spirit!
- Please see our discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, and coupon codes for the Cincinnati Ohio Mud Guts and Glory Fall 2014. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.
Built into the hills and ravines of King's Domain's 120 acre property, Mud Guts and Glory is the most beautiful agony you will ever experience!
MGG also offers a Family Course that offers a muddy good time to both children and parents.
Click "About" above to hide this text again