September 05, 2015
Grand Cities Greenway
http://www.mudrunguide.com/event/grand-forks-north-dakota-uff-da-mud-run-2015/ Grand Cities Greenway, DeMers Avenue, Grand Forks, ND, United States Uff Da Mud Run email@example.com use-title true MM/DD/YYYY
Event starts at 9:00am
Venue:Grand Cities Greenway
Grand Forks, ND, United States - View Map
Organizer:Uff Da Mud Run Welcome to the Uff Da mud run - obstacle racing Extreme North Dakota (END) style. Your hosts, Ole and Lena invite you to participate in an 'extremely' fun and challenging 6K course that will encompass roughly 20 obstacles as it winds its way along the Greenway in Greater Grand Forks.
Click "About" above to hide this text again
Reviews:No reviews yet for Grand Forks North Dakota Uff Da Mud Run 2015. Click here to be the first!
Registration:Visit Event Website
This event has passed, registration is closed.
|Elite Cost||Family Cost||Recreational Cost||Until|
|$70||$70||$60||Race Day Registration|
|On Family category, one adult can accompany a maximum of two kids. Larger families should add $40 for each additional adult and $10 for each child between 6 and 12.|
What You Get:
- ENDracing swag
- Free drink ticket
- A big ol' slice of Mike's Pizza
- Commemorative finisher award
An 'extremely' fun and challenging 6K course that will encompass roughly 20 obstacles as it winds its way along the Greenway in Greater Grand Forks.
We will have two aid stations (roughly one every mile) along the course.
$$$ for top honors, cash to top 3 on elite races!
The last river crossing should clean you up, but we'll have hoses available to rinse off with. With your wristband, you get a slice of pizza and a beer (21+, ID required) from Mike's Pizza, where you can hang out and watch people finish.
There are three river crossings. One has a rope that you can pull on to get to the other side. For one you'll be given some sort of flotation aid (probably truck tubes). One will involve good old fashioned swimming. If you are not confident in the water then you have a couple of options:
1) You can skip these obstacles. Boats will ferry you across on the first two and you can walk a bridge on the third one. If you are getting a boat ride you may have to wait a few minutes if there are lots of people skipping.
2) We will have a handful (a dozen or so) life jackets available at the first two crossings. you can pick up a life jacket and put it on and go for it. Again, we won't have an infinite supply of life jackets and so will be bringing them back across the river as we run out, so your may have to be a bit patient!
3) You can send up a battle cry to the Norse Gods, invoke the strenght of Thor, and just go for it anyway. In truth, we recommend this third option if your issue really only involves thinking that the river is yucky and are worried about the monster catfish that lurk beneath its murky surface, and not a lack of swimming confidence.
One final thought - you don't need to be a championship swimmer to succeed in these obstacles. But you should feel like you could jump off a boat in the middle of a lake, dog paddle around for a while, and not freak out.
About the third river crossing (the actual swim): If you are under 18, you must wear a lifejacket. If you are 18 and over, you can choose to wear a lifejacket. You may bring your own lifejacket and we will bring it to the river for you to use. YOU WILL BE MORE TIRED THAN YOU THINK, so lifejackets are a good idea.
Coupons / Discount Codes:
Please see our obstacle course race discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, discount codes, and coupon codes for Grand Forks North Dakota Uff Da Mud Run 2015. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.