This event has passed.
Manchester Tennessee Great American Mud Run 2013
November 2, 2013
ATTENTION: We have received word this event has been cancelled. For more information & any questions, please contact Great American Mud Run directly.
Create a free account, or sign in, to join these awesome people to show your interest (or attendance) of this event
- Manchester Tennessee Great American Mud Run 2013
- November 2, 2013
- + iCal+ gCal
The Great American Mud Run is America’s muddiest 5k obstacle course race. Our primary goal is to provide our participants with the greatest racing experience imaginable.
- Average rating: 1.46 / 5 from 35 reviews.
Click here to see all reviews and comments for Manchester Tennessee Great American Mud Run 2013, and add your own!
- Event Website:
- Visit Event Site
- This event has been cancelled.
Individual Until $65 April 26th, 2013 $69 May 12th, 2013 $75 July 12th, 2013 $79 October 25th, 2013 (online registration closes)
The Great American Mud Run does not issue refunds for any reason.
The only discount we offer is for military members. This discount is $10 Elite registration incurs an additional $10 fee The transfer deadline is11:59pm on Friday July 12, 2013. No transfers will be accepted after this date, no exceptions. Team Captains who create a team and get two (2) additional participants to register for their team by 5/14/13 will receive The Great American Mud Run Training Kit (a $50 value).
- 5K. The average finish time is about 57 minutes. For our elite waves the average finish time is about 34 minutes.
- Course Description:
- The Great American Mud Run has thirteen awesome obstacles. Oh, and we
don’t count running through streams, climbing hills, or running through
the forest as official obstacles! Really, who does that?
Obstacles you might encounter on the course include:
The Fluge - The World’s tallest mudslide. At 40’ tall we guarantee that you won’t be able to keep a straight face on the descent.
Balls of Flurry - Hanging Balls and lots of foam - we'll leave the rest to your imagination
Muddy Moonshine - Keep your head down and arse up - noone's above the law
Pirate's net - Don't forget to hoist the Jolly Roger while ascending our 15' cargo net
Continental Divide - East meets West at our signature 8’ Wall climb.
Sugar Cookie - First get wet by fully submerging yourself in our dunk tanks, then get sandy by low crawling through a sand pit under barbed wire. The only thing this obstacle is lacking is an oven.
Slippery when wet - Traverse up and over a series of muddy hills
Walk the line - Use two ropes to traverse a body of water and be sure to keep your eyes open all the time
Birth Canal - America was born on hard work and perseverance. This obstacle tests both. Descend tunnels into a covered mud pit, wade across the pit, and squeeze yourself out the other side. Relive the expierence for the very first time. Happy Birthday!
Blaze of Glory - Make sure you don't trip of you'll be singing ""Down in a ...."" you know the rest
Great American Mud Pit - Low crawl through water, mud, and barbed wire in our infamous mud pit.
Geronimo - You’ll be screaming “Geronimo” as you swing across a mud pit while dangling from a rope. Floater - Keep your balance or risk being flushed
- Start Time:
Waves of up to 300 participants will start at the following times. All waves are timed, but only the elite waves are scored. 9:00am (Elite) 12:00pm 9:30am 12:30pm 10:00am 1:00pm 10:30am 1:30pm 11:30am 2:00pm 11:30am
- Aid Stations:
- There will be adequate water stations along the course on race day.
Please note that hydration during the race is meant for replenishment,
and if you show up dehydrated, you are putting yourself and others at
risk. Please be sure to drink plenty of water prior to, during, and
after your race. Clear pee is good pee!
There will be medical support located in the festival area as well as stationed throughout the course.
- The Great American Mud Run event t-shirt
- A custom Great American Mud Run finisher award
- 1 Beer (for participants of legal drinking age)
- Free unlimited high-resolution digital pictures
- Access to the All-American after-party
- America’s greatest obstacle course race with plenty of mud
- In order to qualify for an award you must register for an elite wave. The Great American Mud Run awards the top 3 participants of each division.
- We have the patriot awards. These include:
- Best Costume
- Most patriotic costume
- Best mustache
- Best pigtails
- Most Neon costume
- Largest Team
- The Wounded Wear Patriot who raised the most money for Wounded Wear
- Free! The best part is that we don’t charge a spectator fee. Bring all your friends, heck even bring granny, she’ll get a kick out of the stuff that goes on in the festival area.
- Parking will be available onsite and costs $10 per vehicle, cash only.
- Post Party:
- After your race the fun continues at the All-American after party complete with live music, beer, food, and other beverages. Kids can have fun at the inflatable attractions, and don’t forget to stick around for the Patriot Awards.
- The Great American Mud Run is a proud supporter of Wounded Wear. Those participants who raise $100 or more for this great cause will receive a commemorative “Wounded Wear Patriot” t-shirt on race day.
In order to compete participants must be 18 years or older on race day. There are no exceptions to the age limit, as it is set by our insurance provider. Parents, this means there is absolutely, positively, without a doubt no way we can allow your minor to participate in the event. Uncool, but good things come to those who wait!
We use the best timing company in the U.S. to time and score our events. Each participant will be given a chip and wristband at packet pick-up. You will secure this chip to your wrist using the wristband. There are mats at the start and finish that will record your start and finish time when crossed.
The Great American Mud Run is designed to be as challenging as you want it to be. With that said, if you get to an obstacle that you are unable or unwilling to complete you can simply skip it and continue on the course. However, if you’re registered in an elite wave you will be required to complete all obstacles.
A gear check will be available for small personal items such as keys, wallets, etc. We ask that all participants leave their large bags and extra clothing in their cars.
Once you’ve completed the Great American Mud Run and have taken your post race photos we provide showers for you to rinse off all that Great American mud.
The Great American Mud Run partners up with various hotels to bring you discounted rates in each city in which we host an event. Book your room now before they fill up and you’re left paying full price, seriously who wants to do that?
- No teams, but The Great American Mud Run encourages all participants to register with groups. The Great American Mud Run experience is better if it’s shared with friends, family, and coworkers.
- Camping Info:
- Currently, The Great American Mud Run doesn’t offer a camping option, but stay tuned for future announcements.
- Please see our discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, and coupon codes for the Manchester Tennessee Great American Mud Run 2013. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.
Click "About" above to hide this text again