This event has passed.
Oak Harbor Ohio Black Swamp Dash 2014
August 2, 2014
Use discount code nightrun for $10 off your Adrenaline Rush Sports registration!!!!
Create a free account, or sign in, to join these awesome people to show your interest (or attendance) of this event
- Oak Harbor Ohio Black Swamp Dash 2014
- August 2, 2014
- + iCal+ gCal
- Ottawa County Fair Grounds
View a Google Map
7870 W.State Route 163, Oak Harbor, OH, 43449, United States
Adrenaline Rush Sports is hosting four all-terrain, adrenaline fueled, and freaking intense mud-runs in 2014. Whether you run to beat your best time, to beat the guy or gal next to you, or because you like to have fun kicking your own butt, join us at the Ottawa County Fair Grounds where we are building and improving our constantly changing, permanent obstacle, Black Swamp Mud Run.
- Series History:
- 2 events in the past, and 0 scheduled for the future
- Average rating: 5 / 5 from 1 reviews.
Click here to see all reviews and comments for Oak Harbor Ohio Black Swamp Dash 2014, and add your own!
- Event Website:
- Visit Event Site
- This event has passed, registration is closed.
Individual Cost Until $39 July 2nd, 2014 $49 Online Registration Closes $49 Race Day Registration (if available)
- Course Description:
- This is it - this is our flagship event and we're pouring all we got into it so you can pour all you got into it!
Obstacle #1 Hay Day - Starting things off on the course with a row of single high hay bales, double high hay bales , then large round bales all spaced to spread out our participants.
Obstacle #2 Gladiator- A rope assisted climb up a 60 degree angle wall 12 feet high to a flat platform, followed by a 16 feet long cargo net bridge to the second platform and slide down a wood angled wall back to the course.
Obstacle #3 The old spare tire - A series of tires not so neatly stacked tires of every size and shape from small hybrid car tires to environmental killing heavy equipment tires to all to navigate through.
Obstacle #4 The Burial mound - This is a 10 feet high pile of dirt respectively placed, but be sure not to disturb the dead.
Obstacle #5 The Freedom Climb - First you have to wade, crawl, or jump a crossed a water hole then climb a vertical cargo net 12 feet high to a platform where you can work your way down another angled wall to freedom!
Obstacle #6 Black Widow’s Web - There are webs then there are Black Widow Webs this web spans from tree to tree and ground to sky and never seems to end. Get out if you can!!
Obstacle #7 The Over Pass - Climb a 45 degree angle incline high enough to safely pass over other competitors’ the back to the course on a steady decline.
Obstacle #8 Under Cover - Dive to your belly and crawl under the camouflage nets to avoid being detected 30 feet of cover to disappear in.
Obstacle #9 Walk the line - Usually an easy task, but narrow it down to 6 inches wide and raise it from 1 foot to 4 foot up and down, up and down for 40 feet not so easy.
Obstacle #10 Black Hills - As soon as you cross the creek and short meadow you will climb across the peaks and valleys of the Black Hills before descending back to the course.
Obstacle # 11 The Leach Field - As the Black Swamp area you will enter the muck, mud, and water. Then trudge your way up the creek trying to avoid Natures pets.
Obstacle #12 The Mine Shaft - A simple jog to the refreshing water stop before entering the old abandon mine.
Obstacle #13 Cyprus Cross - Balance yourself on a slippery Cyprus log as you cross 35’ of open water, muck, and mud.
Obstacle #14 The Triple Burrow - Choose your path between two narrow tunnels or, a larger one if you are Uncomfortable with tight places and dark spaces
Obstacle #15 The Stockade - After a trip through the woods along the Portage River you’ll come upon a 12’ high 16’ wide vertical climbing wall built with rungs to help you climb straight up and straight down
Obstacle #16 The Summit - You continue through the woods, weeds and vines down through the Cat Tails and swamp land all to climb a giant dirt hill to the Summit, where you can catch a glimpse of the finish if you don’t have mud in your eyes
Obstacle #17 Slippery Feet - You find yourself on the edge of an inland pond where things get a little slippery when wet! And we will make sure it’s WET!!
Obstacle #18 Under Pressure - Once again hit the dirt and slither under 25’ of heavy plastic coated chain link fence. The only thing keeping it up is you or the person next to you.
Obstacle #19 The Nose Bleed - Everyone has a Cargo Climb but not everyone has a 60 degree Cargo Climb that reaches 16’ from the ground. Once at the top all you have to do wave to the crowd and climb down the other side!
Obstacle #20 Hostile Water - Off the Cargo Climb and back to the pond, in the Black Swamp all water is Hostile. You never know what you will encounter.
Obstacle #21 Black Swamp Bog - You made it to the end, almost, now all you have to do is get DOWN and DIRTY in the Black Swamp Bog. Just not on your feet, crawl or swim through 35’ of slippery, slimy, mucky mud to the finish.
- Start Time:
- Wave time of up to 150 participants will launch every 30 minutes from 8am to 2pm
- Aid Stations:
- There will be a first aid tent and ambulance stationed at the finish line. There will be mobile medics around the course
- A custom designed t-shirt
- A custom designed unique medal and ribbon
- 1 free beer
- A race bib saturated in black swamp mud and sweat
- 1 unforgettable experience
- All the free Black Swamp stuck in places we won’t discuss
- At the finish line there will be a timing tent where you can check your times live. and print off a certificate with your times on it other than that.The award for running our course is the experience you get along with the memories.
- Spectators are free
Our course is 85% spectator friendly and can be viewed largely from the massive grandstands between the start and finish lines. There are also strategically placed bleachers near the Black Swamp Bog (giant mud pit) the course can also be viewed from several places within walking distance. Spectators are always welcome at the after party to share in the excitement.
- Parking will be handled by the Ottawa County Fair Grounds and will be $10.00 per car so pack them in. Parking is abundant and very close to the course and after party area. Due to the proximity of parking there will be no bag check .
- Post Party:
- Post party or as we call it party in the swamp starts the second you get out of your car. The live DJ will get the mood started as you enter the course area. Food vendors along with beer and other beverages will be on hand. Grab an onsite campsite and let it rip through the night
- Our events are the whole package from live music to on site camping. The course is within walking distance of campgrounds or the parking lot. Food, drinks, and beer are located centrally
As for our race we believe you sign up for an obstacle mud run for the obstacles and mud or you would just sign up for a run. We have 21 that’s right 21 obstacles and we aren't even counting the small creek crosses or the natural obstacles in the woods like fallen trees or low hanging branches and vines lots of vines.
Our runs are professionally timed with live searchable web results. You can download our free mobile app for your race that syncs results to your device and updates on you facebook.
Race photos are ready for instant download.
Once the race is over and it comes to giving us back some of the mud you were trying to take home we have dozens of washing stations and even a couple of changing cubicles.
Our participants must be at least 11 years old on the day of the race and a guardian must sign their waiver and be present.
Although we have water, mud, and muck none of it is deep there is no swimming and we do not allow diving of any kind!
- There is no teams as such but we encourage you to gather all your friends and family and do it together what better way to spend the day. Register as individuals and sign up for the same day and wave.
- Please see our discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, and coupon codes for the Oak Harbor Ohio Black Swamp Dash 2014. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.
Click "About" above to hide this text again