June 19, 2016
Ottawa County Fair Grounds
http://www.mudrunguide.com/event/sunday-oak-harbor-ohio-black-swamp-dash-2016/ Ottawa County Fair Grounds, 7870 W.State Route 163, Oak Harbor, OH, United States Adrenaline Rush Sports [email protected] use-title true MM/DD/YYYY
Start at 9:00 am with the elite wave.
Waves released every 30 minutes until 12:00 pm.
Waves will be limited to 250 runners.
Venue:Ottawa County Fair Grounds
7870 W.State Route 163
Oak Harbor, OH, United States - View Map
Organizer:Adrenaline Rush Sports Adrenaline Rush Sports is hosting four all-terrain, adrenaline fueled, and freaking intense mud-runs in 2014. Whether you run to beat your best time, to beat the guy or gal next to you, or because you like to have fun kicking your own butt, join us at the Ottawa County Fair Grounds where we are building and improving our constantly changing, permanent obstacle, Black Swamp Mud Run.
Click "About" above to hide this text again
Click here to read or add your own Oak Harbor Ohio Black Swamp Dash 2016 reviews
Registration:Visit Event Website
This event has passed, registration is closed.
|$49||May 17, 2016|
|$59||June 17, 2016 (Online Registration Closes)|
|$69||Race Day Registration|
What You Get:
- Custom designed T-Shirt
- Custom designed Medal and Ribbon
- 1 Free Beer (must be 21 yrs old with ID)
- Race bib
The Black Swamp Dash is our premier event for 2016. It will be a two day event, Saturday June 18th and Sunday June 19th.
Very unique 3.2 mile mud/obstacle course with 27 obstacles. Nine obstacles you can choose your challenge, extreme or normal!
The extreme side is designed to push the more serious OCR runners, will the normal side is for all levels.
List of obstacles:
1) Farmers pyramid: A straw pyramid to climb to start things off.
2) The Summit: The first mud hill climb of the day and entrance of the Black trails.
3) Swamp Trails: Work your way through the tall cattails and sloppy swamp trails.
4) The Wall/Stockade: The 1st of our choose your challenge obstacles: Regular, a 12 foot vertical ladder style wall straight up and down. Extreme, 12 foot ropes climb wall and ladder decent.
5) The triple threat: 2nd choose your challenge obstacle: Regular, 60 degree angle rope 12 foot wall climb a 90 degree net climb down followed by a water hazard and wall challenge. Extreme, starts off with a 6 foot pull up wall followed by a 60 degree net climb down followed by a water hazard and large wall climb.
6) The Cyprus Cross: The 3rd choose your challenge obstacle: Regular, balance yourself on a slippery log 35 feet a crossed open water. Extreme, pull yourself up on a 4 foot elevated log high about the mud and muck!
7) Undercover: Dive to your belly and crawl under this camouflage net to avoid being detected. 30 feet of cover to disappear in.
8) The Old Spare Tire: 4th choose your challenge obstacle: Regular, a series of not so neatly stacked tires of every shape and size from little hybrid to environmental killing heavy equipment. Extreme, the same mess of tires combined with a vertical wall of tires to climb over.
9) Gladiator: The 5th choose your challenge obstacle: Regular, 60 degree ladder climb followed by a 16 feet net cross to a 60 degree rope decent. Extreme, 60 degree ladder climb with missing ladder and 16 feet net cross and a 60 degree decent with no rope.
10) Hay Day: Rows of single, double and triple stacked hay to climb over.
11) Walk the Line: The 6th choose your challenge obstacle: Regular, a raised 6 inch wide beam that change from 1 foot off the ground to 4 feet in a verity of ups and downs. Extreme, the ups and downs get a little steeper not to mention you may have to jump to the next one!
12) The Watering Hole: A 30 foot trudge through water of different depths.
13) The Wall Climb: The 7th choose your challenge obstacle: Regular, a series of spaced cleats to grab and stand on as you climb this 10 foot wall to over another part of the course. Back down the same way. Extreme, your wall extends 16 feet and we have given you a lot less to grab.
14) The Leach Field: You enter the mud, muck, and water then trudge down the Black Swamp into the woods. The regular is the extreme!
15) Hi, Low walls: Make your way through the woods you will in counter a series of over and under walls and ramps.
16) Black Widows Web: Just after the 2 mile mark the woods close in again and you will find yourself in the Black Widows Web. This web spans from tree to tree and ground to sky. Get out if you can!
17) Trench Warfare: The 8th choose your challenge obstacle: Regular, a series of different width and depth trenches. Extreme, some may you may even need help in and out of!
18) The Mine Shift: The Old Shaft will tire you out!
19) The Mud Hole: Easy in, not so easy out!! Better make sure your shoes are tied tight!
20) The Burial Mounds: You will climb up and down a series of dirt hills that will kick your butt!
21) The Cattail Crossing: A steep drop into the thick cattails and back up again!
22) The Mud Slide: Not the same as the drink but just as much fun!
23) Under Pressure: Hit the dirt and slither under 25 feet of chain link fence!
24) The Wet Monkey Bar Climb: Cross 12 feet of monkey bars that spray water.
25) Slimy Mounds: Not one but two water soaked mounds to fall down and crawl out of!
26) The Cargo Climb: Everyone has a Cargo Climb but not everyone has a 16 foot tall Cargo Climb!
27) The Triple Burrow: The 9th and last choose your challenge obstacle: Choose what size burrow you’ll fit through and go!
Exit in the Black Swamp Bog where you will crawl to the finish, Thank God!
We will have two water stations on the course along with another at the finish line.
There will be two paramedics on site during the event with volunteers through out the course with radios.
Individual awards go to top male and top female from the Elite heat (9:00 am Saturday only).
Free admission for spectators.
Our course is 85% spectator friendly and can be viewed largely from the massive grandstands between the start and finish lines.
The course can also be viewed from several places within walking distance.
Spectators are always welcome at the after party to share in the excitement.
Parking is $10.00 per car and is handled by the Ottawa County Fair Grounds.
Parking is abundant and very close to the course and after party area.
Due to the proximity of parking there will be no bag check.
Post party (or as we call it ""party in the swamp"") starts the second you get out of your car.
The live DJ will get the mood started as you enter the course area.
Food vendors along with beer and other beverages will be on hand.
Grab an onsite campsite and let it rip through the night.
Our events are the whole package from live music to on site camping. The course is within walking distance of campgrounds or the parking lot. Food, drinks, and beer are located centrally.
Sunday won't be professionally timed run.
Once the race is over and it comes to giving us back some of the mud you were trying to take home we have dozens of washing stations and even a couple of changing cubicles.
Our participants must be at least 11 years old on the day of the race and a guardian must sign their waiver and be present.
Although we have water, mud, and muck none of it is deep there is no swimming and we do not allow diving of any kind!
Coupons / Discount Codes:
Please see our obstacle course race discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, discount codes, and coupon codes for Oak Harbor Ohio Black Swamp Dash 2016. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.