August 13, 2016
Winter Park Resort
http://www.mudrunguide.com/event/winter-park-colorado-o2x-summit-challenges-2016/ Winter Park Resort, 85 Parsenn Road, Winter Park, CO, United States O2X Summit Challenges email@example.com use-title true MM/DD/YYYY
Basecamp Festival opens on Friday at 4:00pm. First race wave starts on Saturday at 9:00am
Venue:Winter Park Resort
85 Parsenn Road
Winter Park, CO, United States - View Map
Organizer:O2X Summit Challenges O2X Summit Challenges are authentic, original mountain-running races with naturally occurring obstacles, all designed to push your personal limits and achieve your individual best. That’s the promise and goal of O2X Summit Challenges. Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast, runner, obstacle course race fan, hiker or health enthusiast, these base-to-peak competitions offer a new and unforgettable opportunity to experience physical and mental growth – all fostered in a spirit of environmental awareness and sustainable living. These aren’t merely running challenges. They’re experiences of a lifetime.
Click "About" above to hide this text again
Reviews:No reviews yet for Winter Park Colorado O2X Summit Challenges 2016. Click here to be the first!
Registration:Visit Event Website
This event has passed, registration is closed.
|New prices and dates of changes TBD.|
What You Get:
- Exclusive O2X - Lululemon metal vent technical top
- Crazy Mountain Brewery Beer
- Authentic Finisher Medal
- O2X Racer Bag
From BaseCamp in front of Winter Park Base Lodge, runners will begin their journey of climbing, running and crawling through winding switchbacks both on trail and off trail. After covering over 4 miles of technical scrambles, streams, rivers, ravines, rock outcroppings and brutally rugged natural terrain, racers will cross the finish line at the peak of Mary Jane where they will be greeted with a breathtaking view of the Rockies and a feeling of extreme accomplishment.
There will be water stations on the course. However we do recommend that you bring your own hydration pack and nutrition based on your specific needs.
For those not running but interested in spending an epic day in the mountains, cheer along fellow racers and join us a O2X BaseCamp - an environmental Festival with live music, local food and beverage vendors and interactive spectator activities. Spectators are welcome to take pictures at the start line and finish line.
Parking is included on registration
There will be a post race party including live music, DJ, food, and beer.
O2X ENVIRONMENTAL PRINCIPLES:
- Commitment to zero waste left over after the completion of our events
- Partner with local organizations that benefit the environment and the common good
- Recycling all available materials
- Compost all food scraps and coffee grinds
- Set benchmarks to limit municipal solid waste
O2X SOCIAL PRINCIPLES:
- A commitment to giving back to the towns and communities that welcome us
- Source and use local and organic food/beverage vendors, event equipment suppliers, and staffing
- Provide employee training to reduce social and environmental harm throughout our events
- Donate food and supplies to local food-banks when possible
- Team up with local organizations and community outreach groups
Groups of 4+ are eligible to race as a team! Select the Group Registration option when selecting the event under the “Find a Race” tab.
Coupons / Discount Codes:
Please see our obstacle course race discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, discount codes, and coupon codes for Winter Park Colorado O2X Summit Challenges 2016. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.