This event has passed.
Chicago Illinois LoziLu Women’s Mud Run 2013
May 18, 2013
Use discount code FABFUNMRG for 10% off your LoziLu registration!!!!
Create a free account, or sign in, to join these awesome people to show your interest (or attendance) of this event
- Chicago Illinois LoziLu Women’s Mud Run 2013
- May 18, 2013
- + iCal+ gCal
A fabulously fun trail 5k filled with exhilarating obstacles and a party to continue the celebration while benefiting Leukemia & Lymphoma research and patient support.
- Average rating: 4.6 / 5 from 5 reviews.
Click here to see all reviews and comments for Chicago Illinois LoziLu Women’s Mud Run 2013, and add your own!
- Event Website:
- Visit Event Site
- This event has passed, registration is closed.
Individual Until $49 February 17th, 2013 $54 March 24th, 2013 $59 April 21st, 2013 $69 May 5th, 2013 $79 May 15th, 2013 $89 On Site Registration (if available)
Refunds and transfers — We happily transfer your entry to friends, family, or to an event in another city, but we are unable to provide refunds. All transfers must be requested one week prior to LoziLu.
Students & Military save $10
- 3ish miles (~5k)
- Course Description:
- Bad Hair Day, Tan Lines, Mani-Pedi, Walk This Way, and The Exfoliator are just a few obstacles on our obstacle list...Climbing, crawling, jumping, balancing, sliding, scampering, and a little bit of courage get you past them all. We've been busy dreaming up fresh obstacles to magnify your thrills in 2013. Each course is cleverly crafted from the natural terrain for a unique experience in each LoziLu city. Each obstacle requiring strength or courage is creatively designed to be accessible to a variety of fitness levels, and every obstacle is optional if your nerves get the best of you. The ultra-fit as well as the first 5Ker find fabulous fun on course. None of our obstacles are designed to hurt you. There are NO fires or electric shocks. The natural terrain serves as our canvas to craft a unique experience for each LoziLu city. The term "mud run" is deceiving since the majority of the 5k course is on dirt roads or trails, but "dirt run" just didn't have the same ring to it. Every LoziLu course has several mud baths to rejuvenate. Some venues incorporate more mud than others due to the natural terrain. Look at the details of your city's info page for the dirty details.Every obstacle is optional, even the mud pit. if you decide to go detour the mud pit, you are likely to still get dirty doing other features. Wear clothes you don't mind getting stained, dark clothes fair a little better than light. We hear costumes are the easiest to clean...wink, wink. All water-based feature require ZERO swimming ability.
- Start Time:
- 100 to 200 of your closest friends join you in each wave going off every 15 minutes starting at 9am. Pick a convenient time and tell your friends! If you want to lay down a smoking hot time, sign up for the competitive wave which kicks off the event. Just make sure to track your time.... The final wave is around noon.
- Aid Stations:
- There are three Party Oases on-course with drinks (water, that is!) to keep you topped off. Music flows at each party oasis, the perfect opportunity for an impromptu dance party on-course with your fellow LoziLu’ers. An additional Party Oasis quenches your thirst at the start and the world-famous Snack Drawer greets you at the Finish with bottled water, snacks, and other treats. Cheat on your diet a bit - you deserve it!
- Event T-Shirt
- Super sweet stainless steel LoziLu water bottle
- Stylish headband
- Bonding with the GFs
- DJ hosted party to shake your groove thang
- LoziLu is more inclusive than other fitness events and there are no competitive-based awards. Instead, you vote on the best costume, best dance moves, most energy, and several other events in a poll we send out a few days after each LoziLu. We mail the lucky winners some great prizes.
- Best Outfit Contest
- Spectators enjoy a day of fabulous entertainment and prime vantage points for a suggested $5 donation to L.I.F.E. Volunteer to earn a free entry for a friend.
- Most, but not all, LoziLu sites have free parking just a short stroll to the start. Carpooling is always in fashion. Have a D.D. if you plan on party rocking.
- Post Party:
- Beer, wine and the after-party start about 30 minutes after the start of the first wave.Bring your dancing shoes or just unwind. The DJ's request line is always open at Club LoziLu. Last call is about 2 hours after the last wave. Safety is key, so stay hydrated prior to your wave and leave the alcohol for after.
The world-famous Snack Drawer awaits at the finish. Free candy, chips, cookies, and of course...bananas. Go ahead, cheat on your diet.
- Beautiful smiles, friends and memories! Studio quality photos capture your dirty side, only $1.99 to download.
Pick a comfy, weather-appropriate workout outfit; one you don't mind getting really dirty. Better yet, plan a team outfit...your team could win an amazing prize in our Best Outfit Contest.
Plan on arriving about 1 hour prior to your wave start to have ample time to park, check-in, limber up, and avoid unnecessary stress.
We hate losing stuff. Leave your jewelry and any valuables at home. Glass containers too. Bad Moods especially.
Anything you don't need on-course can be checked at the complimentary Valet while you have fun with the girls.
Rinse off and pamper yourself in Salon LL before skipping over to the change tent for a superwoman makeover.
LoziLu & L.I.F.E. help kids and young adults with leukemia & lymphoma to pay their medical bills. Your LoziLu registration helps patients live happier lives. In 2012 LoziLu donated $15,000 to those in need and has high hopes of tripling this amount in 2013.
We love fitness, we hate cancer. 5% of your registration is donated directly to LIFE in order to support research and young patients with this horrible disease. During registration you can also elect to donate additional dollars to LIFE; 100% of these dollars go to LIFE. Want even more money to go to LIFE? In lieu of running LoziLu you can donate the equivalent of your entry fee directly to LIFE by visiting GiveToLife.org.
LoziLu is all about fitness and fun. Bring the right mindset and most everyone is able to finish. All fitness levels are encouraged to participate. If you can comfortably walk 3 miles you will be able to finish, however some of the obstacles may prove very challenging (although none are required). A little bit of training makes LoziLu much more fun and LoziLu Traning has you covered at no charge.
You must be 13 years or older
There is no timing system, so bring a watch if you wish to get your course time. Many of us at LoziLu participate in competitive races throughout the year, yet the focus of LoziLu is fitness, friends and fun rather than measuring yourself against others. Perhaps you will decide to carry your fitness into a competitive event, and we would be happy to suggest a few of our favorite races.
- There is no limit to the number of girls on a team. However, each woman pays her own entry fee. Have the most women register for your team to earn a special prize (hint, it's usually a few cases of wine...perfect for the after-after party). Other fabulous team awards are voted on by you after each LoziLu. Look to the post-event emails announcing each prize competition.
- Please see our discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, and coupon codes for the Chicago Illinois LoziLu Women’s Mud Run 2013. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.
Click "About" above to hide this text again