April 20, 2013
Valley View Golf Course
http://www.mudrunguide.com/event/nebraska-5k-the-hard-way-2013/ Valley View Golf Course, 1126 County Road X, Fremont, NE, United States 5K The Hard Way email@example.com use-title true MM/DD/YYYY
Wave times: 10:00AM; 10:30AM; 11:00AM; 11:30AM; Noon
Venue:Valley View Golf Course
1126 County Road X
Fremont, NE, United States - View Map
Organizer:5K The Hard Way 5K The Hard Way is a 3.2 mile Mud Run that combines insane obstacles with some of the most rugged, hidden terrain in Nebraska!
From beginner mud runners and joggers to hardcore ninja warriors and marathon runners, our obstacle course will challenge each and every one of you. 5k The Hard Way will test your strength, agility, stamina and mind.
And the obstacle course? Welcome to THE JUNGLE! Participants will wind through rugged forest country and a vineyard, cross creeks and daring suspension bridges and slip down our infamous 100 foot water slide! You will sprint across balance beams (looking down on beaver dams), scale climbing walls, navigate up and down steep, demanding bluffs and run up and over the Magic Bus!
If you start to fade you can grab a quick shot at the Lucky Bucket Bar right in the heart of the jungle.
We are a LOCAL race. Every time a national race comes to the area they take tens of thousands of dollars away from the state. We are Nebraska’s biggest and baddest mud run!
There is also no cover charge for spectators to enjoy the music and watch the festivities. And as always...FREE PARKING!
Feel the extreme sense of pride and power as you cross that finish line!
Click "About" above to hide this text again
Reviews:No reviews yet for Nebraska 5K The Hard Way 2013. Click here to be the first!
Registration:Visit Event Website
This event has passed, registration is closed.
|$45||April 1st, 2013|
|We love our soldiers, so of course we offer a military discount. Just enter USAROCKS for the coupon code at checkout, and you'll get a nice discount (please bring your military ID to the event)|
What You Get:
- 5K the Hard Way T-Shirt
Welcome to the jungle, baby! The course includes going up and over the famous Beaver Bus, rugged forest country and a vineyard, daring suspension bridges, a 100 foot water slide, balance beams looking down on actual beaver dams, climbing walls, blasting geysers of water, and five creek crossings. And if you need a little break, no problem; just stop at the Lucky Bucket Lounge (situated about halfway through the course) for a free beverage or shot of Jungle Juice.
Obstacle list include:
- 5K The Hard Way Bus - Have you ever run up and over a huge psychedelic bus? Check that off your bucket list.
- Power Plunge and Fireman Climb - Jump into our refreshing creek and on the other side you'll be greeted with a very unique ladder wall.
- Goodyear Canyon - Venture down a steep ravine loaded with treacherous tire obstacles and a cargo climb.
- Arc de Tree-umph! - Pardon our French. Scale a giant ravine, and parade through a tree arch (built my Mother Nature herself).
- Tee Time - We give you a little break here as you run across Valley View's beautiful top 9.
- The Long and Wine-ding Road - You get to weave in and out of the Valley View Vineyard.
- Welcome to the Jungle - Welcome to the JUNGLE, baby! We want to hear you scream.
- Hundred Foot Water Slide - This is our soon-to-be-famous, signature obstacle. Enjoy your ride down the 100-foot water slide into the monstrous mud pit.
- The Monster Lounge - Feeling a little run down? Take a little break and enjoy some music, good company, and a complimentary shot of Monster Energy Drink.
- Bridge Over Troubled Water - You've got a choice to make. Take ""The Easy Way"" and traverse a tricky suspension bridge, or choose ""The Hard Way"" and plunge right into the creek and scale the steep bank.
- Tree Maze - Scramble over, under, and through giant trees and logs.
- TunnelVision - You can take "The Easy Way" and climb through a 20 ft. tunnel suspended over the creek, or you can take "The Hard Way" and plunge into the creek and use ropes to scale the steep wall on the other side.
- Beaver Balance Beams - You'll be walking on a balance beam suspended over a giant beaver dam. Look down and you just might see some of our infamous beavers.
- Jungle Jim - It's climbing time. This is an 18 foot climbing wall that spans the creek. And it's name is Jim.
- Old Faithful - Slip into the creek for a little crawl through culverts, while surrounded by blasting geyers of water.
- The Hard Way Mud Pit - Hey, we just wanted to make sure you got muddy. OK?
Costumes are certainly not required but we will give awards out for Best Male, Best Female and Best Team costumes
Spectators are free and welcome to join the post-race party!
Parking is Free!
Runners and spectators will be treated to a rocking after-party with a live DJ, tons of giveaways, delicious food and plenty of Lucky Bucket Beer.
Participants are welcome to wear any kind of costume. You may bring your own bottled water, however, plenty of water will be provided at the finish line. Beer, food and beverages will be available for purchase in the party area. You cannot bring alcohol or weapons. All coolers and bags are subject to inspection.
If you are running with a team simply make sure you all sign up for the same starting time.
Coupons / Discount Codes:
Please see our obstacle course race discount & promotion page for all the latest discounts, promos, promotions, discount codes, and coupon codes for Nebraska 5K The Hard Way 2013. There also may be one listed at the top of this page.